• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eastern Woods Outdoors stick

sdoyle1

Probably going to order an Eastern Woods Outdoors stick for one sticking. Looking for opinions on stick length and angled vs straight steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably going to order an Eastern Woods Outdoors stick for one sticking. Looking for opinions on stick length and angled vs straight steps.

I got one of these for one sticking. Just went with the regular 20”. I don’t feel the need to have microscopic sticks I guess. I like the length and is still plenty portable to me. I have both steps as the angled version. Just like that little bit of extra security feeling that my foot is on there and isn’t going anywhere. Also added an AmSteel 1 step aider to it. IMO some kind of aider, at least a 1 step is an necessity for one sticking. It is a sweet stick, the best I’ve ever had. High quality and bites the tree hard. You will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 20 inch stick and a solo scout and a cam cleat and a two step webbing aider with the light standoffs and steps.
The stick is super stable and bites the tree hard and the cam cleat makes it easy to remove. I get at least 7 feet with my first move.
I put a step behind the solo scout to increase the flat area on top of the stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

@DanO made me an 18” stick for my step, super easy and good guy to deal with. I’m short though so 20” is probably good for most. I recommend the double step with 2 step sewn in aider as well. Makes the climb a lot easier.

I have a carbon pro stick I plan on trying to one stick with. Tried with beast sticks they are a little awkward for some reason. EWOs work well I really like how far they come out from the tree. But.... I don’t know what I was thinking I have far to many sticks. I have 3 - 22” ones for sale (20” step distance). You can cut them down to what ever you want.

Definitely considering adding a cam cleat myself but I’m 6’4 and about 275 so not sure which cleat I’d need to go with.

Screenshot_20200903-210134_Gallery.jpg

I got the 15" stick with both angled steps and 2- 16" step to step sewn on webbed aider. I also have the 8' amsteel daisy chain. I had to drill my own hole for the button because of the size of the stick, I didnt know that until I got it but it wasn't hard. Its an awesome stick, I may get another one next year and add cam cleat.

View attachment 33669

I got the 15" stick with both angled steps and 2- 16" step to step sewn on webbed aider. I also have the 8' amsteel daisy chain. I had to drill my own hole for the button because of the size of the stick, I didnt know that until I got it but it wasn't hard. Its an awesome stick, I may get another one next year and add cam cleat.

I’ll probably sew my own two step webbing aider when I get it.

Would Dano put a cam cleat on the stick for you?

The last time I spoke with him he was working on it but had hit some snags. I think it may be in the works.

I got a 14” stick with a two step aider. He was really awesome to help me and we are both about 6’5” to 6’6” so I just copied his setup. He told me he gets about 20 feet or so in 3 moves with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back