• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Easton FMJ arrows

Scoutman

I had always shot easton axis 340's, this year I bought 340 FMJ arrows to add weight to my arrows along with exodus 125 heads. Being in my silver years I dropped bow weight to 65 from 72. I hunt elk and bears every September in Colorado so I've tried to maintain a higher peak weight. So far I love the FMJ's, penetrate well, quiet and still getting 285fps even though I'm not a speed guy. They are not as durable but I can live with that for what attributes they offer. Took me long enough to try a new trick!

They are very nice arrows. I shot them for years. They are very consistent... untill you bend one. I have since moved to Axis 5mm ,though not as consistant, they don’t bend.

I went to FMJs after I had a carbon only explode on release. Must have been nicked by another arrow around the bullseye. Buried the fletched end in my forearm about 2 inches. Not only did I switch arrows I now shoot a smaller number of arrows always at different spots on the target to lessen the chance of arrows hitting each other. Lesson learned, always check your carbons.

If you can tolerate bent shafts on occasion, the weight is nice.

I went back to carbon and working with all the weight up front. I’m able to get similar arrow weights and significantly better arrow behavior.

I have a couple dozen fmj s sitting in the corner collecting dust

If you can tolerate bent shafts on occasion, the weight is nice.

I went back to carbon and working with all the weight up front. I’m able to get similar arrow weights and significantly better arrow behavior.

I have a couple dozen fmj s sitting in the corner collecting dust

I’ll take em!

I actually like my FMJs. I used one arrow on 6 deer - finally lost it on a ducked shot where the arrow hit no man’s land but stayed in the deer. Sad - 6 hour track and no deer but I gave it my all. Blood trail just went away and all water sources had no sign. Deer will have a upper backache which I hate to see...don’t care about the arrow - but back to the point!

I have been lucky in that the FMJs I’ve shot the past two years have been and remained consistent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take em!

I actually like my FMJs. I used one arrow on 6 deer - finally lost it on a ducked shot where the arrow hit no man’s land but stayed in the deer. Sad - 6 hour track and no deer but I gave it my all. Blood trail just went away and all water sources had no sign. Deer will have a upper backache which I hate to see...don’t care about the arrow - but back to the point!

I have been lucky in that the FMJs I’ve shot the past two years have been and remained consistent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll sell ya mine for $5 a piece. What spine and length do you shoot?

Back