• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Enough Is Enough....

ricky racer

So, I'm out in my backyard shooting my bow tonight, trying to work through a shoulder issue which is slowly getting better every day. Out in the soy bean field behind the house is a batchelor group of 5 decent racked bucks, watching me shoot. I'm watching them in between shots and they're watching me. Needless to say, none of them seemed too impressed at what they saw...:mad: Maybe it was just my imagination but I could have sworn I heard snickering. I get enough abuse without getting heckled from the peanut gallery. :mad:

No lie. I lost a few arrows practicing in my woods. One day I see one of the usual doe that hang around the area carrying one of my arrow in her mouth and dropping it on the edge of my backyard, then calmly walk back to the woods. I can literally hear her saying "hey dont liter in my house".

I have that arrow saved somewhere special and that arrow is going to be given back to that doe if one day my wife stop declaring our wood as a safezone.

Also have a special arrow for that spikes that l let go last year.

No lie. I lost a few arrows practicing in my woods. One day I see one of the usual doe that hang around the area carrying one of my arrow in her mouth and dropping it on the edge of my backyard, then calmly walk back to the woods. I can literally hear her saying "hey dont liter in my house".
Now that's funny.

A few weeks ago, I was at the range and there was a decent early year buck just calmly eating the grass while I shot. He didn't even run when I walked up to retrieve the arrows only 25 yards away.

Same range earlier this year, you'd have to pause shooting because the turkeys would walk through the lane.

So, I'm out in my backyard shooting my bow tonight, trying to work through a shoulder issue which is slowly getting better every day. Out in the soy bean field behind the house is a batchelor group of 5 decent racked bucks, watching me shoot. I'm watching them in between shots and they're watching me. Needless to say, none of them seemed too impressed at what they saw...:mad: Maybe it was just my imagination but I could have sworn I heard snickering. I get enough abuse without getting heckled from the peanut gallery. :mad:

My shoulder was trash for six months. Cortisone shots brother. Magic!!

Sounds like you need to RED TAG some doe and show them who is the boss...lol

Hey man, at least your shoulder is recouping.....I enjoy being able to do my thing close to the deer and neither one of us really care....when they shed their velvet all of our testosterone shoots up lol.

The one who laughs last, laughs best. Hopefully we'll see some pics of you snickering this fall when you're helping one hold its head up straight.

Back