• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ever calm scent, anyone use

Tom W

Anyone ever use or still use the Evercalm deer herd scent that comes in the deodorant stick? The reviews seem pretty positive but its $20 a stick so I wanted to ask people in this forum their opinion on whether it was worth it and how they use it. My idea was to use it on a mock scrape or just on a tree in my shooting lanes. I don’t really want to put it on my clothes or gear as that could get messy. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some and have used it. Definitely smells like deer, but I can’t say much on its effectiveness. I have never had a deer come to the spots I have rubbed it onto, or follow the entry trail I used it on. I have used it on my boots before really understanding what I was doing. I won’t use it on my boots any longer. Not sure if I will keep using it on locations I hunt. Not because of its effectiveness, but because of my lack of knowledge on how to properly use it. On another note, I did pick up the scent wick from conquest. I purchased deer herd liquid and some extra wicks. I’ll defintiely be trying it this year, but again I’ll be more sparring in amount and exposure and put more thought into the where and why I’m using it.

I love it.
I use to use this product that was deer hair stuffed in a panty hose type material, it worked great, I had doe come to it a couple different times. They are no longer around, I now use the Conquest products. I have not seen deer come in but the smell and the concept are the same.
Guff Dawg- Why not on boots?

I use it and it seems to work. In my experience with using Ever calm the deer are more relaxed. I rub it in a circle on trees around my setup.

I love it.
I use to use this product that was deer hair stuffed in a panty hose type material, it worked great, I had doe come to it a couple different times. They are no longer around, I now use the Conquest products. I have not seen deer come in but the smell and the concept are the same.
Guff Dawg- Why not on boots?
After one hunt I left my boots in the truck, which made for smelly commuting for a week or so. Nothing against the tactic, but I still have a lot to learn. I have only seriously deer hunted for a few years, and I’m still figuring out stuff. I’m trying to be more precise with my techniques, and I was afraid of spooking deer that I never got a chance to see in the first place. I still plan on using it, but just in a more controlled way and on inanimate objects, not on my person.

I'm going to try Evercalm this year as well. I'm thinking of using it on a scent drag and putting it on trees as stated above.

There are several other companies out there with similar products. I saw on archery talk a similar post and the owner of hott scents? posted advertising his product. Like I said similar product but his was half the price.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back