• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EWO Ultimate Platform (UP) vs Light Platform (LP)

Angled: UP or LP?

• UP

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • LP

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

hokiehunter373

I'm going to take the dive on a one-stick setup this year. I had decided on that at the end of last year and have had a stick setup in my cart since then waiting to purchase. That was before the LP came out. My question is to those who have tried both the UP and the LP. What do you prefer? Is the downsize in platform worth the $10 and 1/2 pound weight savings? I'll be going with the angled version and I'll be transitioning from a predator platform. I do have 3 squirrel steps I can run in conjunction. I was all set until I saw @Islandshooter is happy (for now lol) with the room an LP gives you, especially when run with some additional squirrel steps. Please help me do what this forum does best and spend my money. Thanks in advance!

I mulled over it but decided it's not worth changing to me. I like the UP (angled) and see no point in changing it up anytime soon unless I decide I have to have the flat UP

I now have both. I have a complete stock 15” EWO with the OG UP platform thst I used all last season. It is a great stick I absolutely love it. However, the platform can be bulky sometimes and I realized that a bit smaller platform would do fine. So this season I modified a Muddy Pro stick and added both the EWO LP and the EWO Ultimate Lower Step. So far this platform is awesome. It does weigh 4.4lbs w/o an aider but that’s your whole climbing system and stand so relatively speaking…. It’s pretty mobile to me. So far this thing is super solid and I feel the platform has plenty of space. I’m a 95% leaner and it is still very comfortable. I have been up a tree a couple of times with it now and i haven t noticed any less comfort with it compared to the original UP platform.

Attachments

• B5C428FE-C390-41AC-963B-3336B1FE6CD2.jpeg
    B5C428FE-C390-41AC-963B-3336B1FE6CD2.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 116
  • CF9577C7-0DCD-4AA4-8605-6839418E0C1C.jpeg
    CF9577C7-0DCD-4AA4-8605-6839418E0C1C.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 13BE50C0-1A53-428B-9B94-F0CA88E91C9E.jpeg
    13BE50C0-1A53-428B-9B94-F0CA88E91C9E.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 3D178E29-7C6C-413C-8F99-064501598588.jpeg
    3D178E29-7C6C-413C-8F99-064501598588.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 121
I've spent a lot of time on a Monarch and a U.P. and a Scout.
I kept the Scout because I like it the most.

This is the first time I seen the L.P.
It looks pretty cool.

I've spent a lot of time on a Monarch and a U.P. and a Scout.
I kept the Scout because I like it the most.

This is the first time I seen the L.P.
It looks pretty cool.
The Scout is a great platform!!

I now have both. I have a complete stock 15” EWO with the OG UP platform thst I used all last season. It is a great stick I absolutely love it. However, the platform can be bulky sometimes and I realized that a bit smaller platform would do fine. So this season I modified a Muddy Pro stick and added both the EWO LP and the EWO Ultimate Lower Step. So far this platform is awesome. It does weigh 4.4lbs w/o an aider but that’s your whole climbing system and stand so relatively speaking…. It’s pretty mobile to me. So far this thing is super solid and I feel the platform has plenty of space. I’m a 95% leaner and it is still very comfortable. I have been up a tree a couple of times with it now and i haven t noticed any less comfort with it compared to the original UP platform.

Some people don't shoot this way, but can you flip around and stand on the LP with your back to the tree for a weak side shot? I've done it a few times with the UP so I'm curious.

Some people don't shoot this way, but can you flip around and stand on the LP with your back to the tree for a weak side shot? I've done it a few times with the UP so I'm curious.
I haven’t tried that on this platform but I don’t think it would be a problem. But I’m only a size 10 boot.

Appreciate this feedback!

I haven't chimed in because you want an angled, I use a flat top. The flat LP is perfect in my opinion. I pair it with three 1" wide squirrel steps. The previous season same set up with a flat monarch, season before that a flat scout, season before that just the top of my stick with 5 steps. I have never used the UP, for me it was just too big. I never bought one.

I haven't chimed in because you want an angled, I use a flat top. The flat LP is perfect in my opinion. I pair it with three 1" wide squirrel steps. The previous season same set up with a flat monarch, season before that a flat scout, season before that just the top of my stick with 5 steps. I have never used the UP, for me it was just too big. I never bought one.
Appreciate it. Right now I'm waiting on their LPs to come back in stock and plan on ordering that unless someone convinces me otherwise

Round up your camera man and get us a little video of the L.P. :blush:

Back