• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZV TIPS PLEASE?

Ur either really gonna like it or really gonna not like it. Try to forget pins.... It's hard at first because ur so used to it. If u have a rough idea of ur arrow speed it really speeds this up getting it set up for u. The videos from ezv are pretty good

Yes, thank you. I have seen most or all of the videos about it. Not looking for anything specific, just figured someone would have a little nugget to give away. Anything that you have felt was not mentioned in the videos. So far, i think that I am going to stick with it. I like it quite a bit. Thanks again.

Once you have it sighted in using the ticks. Flip it to the "pro" side. Keep shooting and don't change anything right away. Make a note of where the arrows are, high or low. Your brain has "the ball" figured out already and you don't even know it. There's a good possibility that your brain sees a bigger or smaller ball but since the size is constant move the sight accordingly. I'm probably not explaining this well, hopefully some made sense.

Pick a spot. Don't concentrate on the V. Pick your spot and let your brain frame the ball (whether it's 14inches or 10) and shoot. It doesn't seem to make a difference how you frame the ball because your brain with center everything up.

Shoot as much as possible. It took me a couple months of repeating good sight picture releases. But it's gotten very consistent for me

Once you have it sighted in using the ticks. Flip it to the "pro" side. Keep shooting and don't change anything right away. Make a note of where the arrows are, high or low. Your brain has "the ball" figured out already and you don't even know it. There's a good possibility that your brain sees a bigger or smaller ball but since the size is constant move the sight accordingly. I'm probably not explaining this well, hopefully some made sense.

Pick a spot. Don't concentrate on the V. Pick your spot and let your brain frame the ball (whether it's 14inches or 10) and shoot. It doesn't seem to make a difference how you frame the ball because your brain with center everything up.

Shoot as much as possible. It took me a couple months of repeating good sight picture releases. But it's gotten very consistent for me
Thanks Pooh, exactly what I was hoping for.

Do you have the sapphire insert or the regular insert? If you have the sapphire and being able to see through it is a tad bit annoying, Arron told me to take light sand paper and sand it down to make it less clear and more opaque. It’s awesome. Cool little trick from the owner.

And yes, trust the ball. It’s crazy how you just get it. If you have a 3D course you can go shoot, do it. And while you’re doing it. Don’t second guess your own brain. See what happens.

What they said and……don’t freak out when season comes and you actually shoot at live deer and miss, lol. For some, all that practice still ain’t enough to overcome the fact that you’ve never shot at a real deer with it before and doubt may override your brain. Just take your time, relax and shoot, you’ll be fine.

I think that I may not "GO PRO". Here's why. The 20yd tick mark is excellent from 8-20 yards, knowing that should stop me from aiming too low or high on close shots. I feel that for my bow speed (maybe 280ish) and my skill level, I shouldn't try to kill more than 30 yds anyway. And third it is nice having the tick marks for 50 yard practice.

I think that I may not "GO PRO". Here's why. The 20yd tick mark is excellent from 8-20 yards, knowing that should stop me from aiming too low or high on close shots. I feel that for my bow speed (maybe 280ish) and my skill level, I shouldn't try to kill more than 30 yds anyway. And third it is nice having the tick marks for 50 yard practice.
im not going "pro" either, i like to have the ticks as reference marks when shooting. if something is 24yds, i like visually confirming that im in the correct ballpark

I switched it an ez v myself a couple months ago. I bought a 3D deer target and that’s all I use now. So that’s my tip, buy a 3D target and shoot at that. I feel like it boosted my confidence in the sight way more than when I was just shooting at a dot.

Unless you have bad eyesight, be prepared to become less precise over the sum total of every shot you take. This may or may not change your levels of hunting success.

Unless you have bad eyesight, be prepared to become less precise over the sum total of every shot you take. This may or may not change your levels of hunting success.
I think I get what you're saying but in my limited time of shooting a multi pin sight, one pin, and the ezv my groups are much tighter with the ezv. Everyone's different tho and like all things finding what works best for each person is key to ones success.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

this was true for me but only when shooting at a dot. Once I moved to the 3D target it seemed like I was stacking arrows right where they needed to be.

the advantage of this sight to me isn’t extreme accuracy, it’s being good enough to kill the deer at any reasonable distance without having to range the animal, almost 10 out of 10 times. Still practicing on that.

this was true for me but only when shooting at a dot. Once I moved to the 3D target it seemed like I was stacking arrows right where they needed to be.

the advantage of this sight to me isn’t extreme accuracy, it’s being good enough to kill the deer at any reasonable distance without having to range the animal, almost 10 out of 10 times. Still practicing on that.

what’s your maximum effective range shooting at live deer?

Back