• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FAS PACK

207bowhunter

SH Member
Has anyone received one yet?... thinking about buying one but would like to see one one someones back and on a stand. Is it taller or wider that the kifaru shape charge? Im down to these 2 for next years system.

Have you looked at the FL Transfer pack? Seems to be better thought out than the FAS to me. I really hadn’t paid much attention to it and then I watched the detail video. I know it’s not what you asked but worth a look before you spend the $$

The transfer and shape charge both are much larger than the fas. That will play a huge factor in your decision. Capacity/size has to be the first factor in pack choice.

I don't love either design, at least on paper.

Ventilation isn't adequate imo.

It looks like Tethrd designed a foam V for ventilation. Even so, the pack is intended to "leech" to the users back so I'm not sure how effective it will be.

The Shape Charge just has the air mesh.

And they aren't designed to carry weight effectively.

Weight added at the back of the pack (platform and sticks) pulls outward and downwards towards the lumbar. The Shape Charge lacks a lumbar pad to absorb that. And the FAS pack is supposed to be worn above the lumbar, around the kidneys. That's a new one to me, I'm skeptical how comfortable that will be.

At least you can run a belt on the Shape Charge to transfer some weight to your hips, relieving some pressure from the shoulders and back and reducing the struggle.

Final thoughts:

A Predator platform and One sticks is around 7lbs.

I carried a 10lb climbing platform plus Stratus bibs and coat, properly loaded in a legit frame pack in cold weather for my PA public hunt this year. Would I do that with either of these packs, HELL NO.

I repeat, HELL NO!

Both the shape and transfer are too large for what i want to do...so as soon as i can im gonna get the FAS

Reactions: CP3
I ordered one last week. Have not received a shipment notification yet. I was intrigued by the videos so I ordered the Fas Pack.

Not sure if it can replace my Elberstock X2. We will see…….

When you get it could you post a picture of it on your back?... if you decide to bail on it let me know

FAS pack isn’t slated to start shipping till 12/15…

Well after some research im gonna give the eberlestock bandit a try. It will fit my needs , less money, and i already have accessories from my mainframe system. And eberlestock makes great packs

I'm looking to replace an old Badlands pack starting to give out in a few spots. I bought a Horn Hunter Main Beam and a FAS Pack to compare. Then I will send back the one I don't want. I was not initially sold on the capacity of the FAS main compartment, but looking at the side pockets, interior pockets, and modularity after watching the videos, I am intrigued. I thought about the Transfer Pack, but it seems huge to me. I also considered the X2, but there are no interior pockets for organization and storage. I briefly looked at the Shape Charge, but after adding up some of the extras it was going to be very expensive. I have already received my Horn Hunter, I am just waiting on the FAS pack to arrive so I can compare.

Anyone who knows me or sees my posts knows I'm a gear fanatic, but for the life of me cant understand buying expensive packs. My 60$ badlands does everything I need it too and more. Maybe I can if youre packing out meat. But more specifically 400$ for that dinky little pack blows my mind. This photo really put into perspective out small it is. 1000017051.jpg
There is nothing I can see that pack does better than my badlands pack at an 8th the price

Anyone who knows me or sees my posts knows I'm a gear fanatic, but for the life of me cant understand buying expensive packs. My 60$ badlands does everything I need it too and more. Maybe I can if youre packing out meat. But more specifically 400$ for that dinky little pack blows my mind. This photo really put into perspective out small it is. View attachment 77722
There is nothing I can see that pack does better than my badlands pack at an 8th the price

I can’t wait for the so called weight weenie kifaru snobs to see this…

Anyone who knows me or sees my posts knows I'm a gear fanatic, but for the life of me cant understand buying expensive packs. My 60$ badlands does everything I need it too and more. Maybe I can if youre packing out meat. But more specifically 400$ for that dinky little pack blows my mind. This photo really put into perspective out small it is. View attachment 77722

I have a FAS pack on order…… looking at this picture it may not be big enough for my needs. Guess I will see when it arrives

Back