• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Father’s Day

Petrichor

Happy Father’s Day to all. Those who are, have been, and always will be a dad. I know it’s a tad
early and I really just want to torture @Red Beard. I know all we want is a hug and a smile from the kiddos especially us that have five of them @Red Beard @HuumanCreed. I mean who doesn’t want five home made gifts….. However, occasionally the other half knocks it out of the ball park, sometimes not so much. So point of this thread is shock and awe or a good laugh. Post a pic of what you got her for mother’s day and post a pic of what she got you for Father’s Day. Let the laughs begin. I’ll start.
Mother’s Day re-finished the table I made eight years ago, took several hundred dollars and about a weeks work. I added inlays and an epoxy finish. I got a fly fishing vest and accessories. #fairtradecertified.

Attachments

• 5A5E469D-9D5C-4800-A9F5-B05AD93E2D16.jpeg
    5A5E469D-9D5C-4800-A9F5-B05AD93E2D16.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 78
  • A6E07785-6DBF-4E78-B954-3C2EDB258BD8.jpeg
    A6E07785-6DBF-4E78-B954-3C2EDB258BD8.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 6613805E-447F-4140-9E64-F3B286816015.jpeg
    6613805E-447F-4140-9E64-F3B286816015.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Nope. I have five kids. Just a costume to wear around the house lol. I kid. I do get to fish and I take the kids too. They all have fly rods.

I won a trout contest with my kiddie flyrod after my Dad set me up over a couple foot wide feeder, while he and my older brother went on to a deep pool known for big fish. They had to send out for grape juice to replace the wine in the prize basket. Dad tells it as if he put me on a sure thing, lol, but always points out how I handled myself well without any oversight.

I've just one child, fishing with him has been awesome. Enjoy your time out with them, and, if there's one thing I learned from fishing with my father, it's do the right thing and embellish those fishing stories with pride.

I won a trout contest with my kiddie flyrod after my Dad set me up over a couple foot wide feeder, while he and my older brother went on to a deep pool known for big fish. They had to send out for grape juice to replace the wine in the prize basket. Dad tells it as if he put me on a sure thing, lol, but always points out how I handled myself well without any oversight.

I've just one child, fishing with him has been awesome. Enjoy your time out with them, and, if there's one thing I learned from fishing with my father, it's do the right thing and embellish those fishing stories with pride.
When I was young I would beg my father to fish with me. I didn’t understand why he didn’t at the time, he would say I’ve fished enough “im the master baiter”. I get it now. Fishing with kids is hard and it’s easier now that I am the master rigger. Fishing with kids is the most enjoyable pastime but my rod stays in the truck. Here is how I stock my kids boxes. I tie a ton of flies
and if I tie one on, when we switch the cut off fly goes into the kids box. This way I slowly
Stock their boxes and refresh my own.

I am lucky this year, my wife organized a camping trip this weekend for us and friends, and ordered Marathon custom seat covers for my truck! For mothers day I surprised her and had the house professionally deep cleaned. She said it only took me 12 years to figure out what really made her happy. Guess I am reaping the rewards now. LOL

I have 8 children, our 3 bio kids...27, 25, & 23. Then our 5 adopted...10, 8, 8, 4, and 1.
My wife is taking the 5 littles North to Michigan tomorrow for three weeks of camping and visiting the 3 bigs.

For Father's Day this year I'm getting a quite Kentucky house and countryside. Ahhhh...
That’s awesome.

I have 3 as well. I am humbled by the things my wife and kids do for me. I don't deserve them. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers. And I just want to add, you never know when you're going to be a father to someone, some kid who may not have a great example at home, always be a father. I have been truly blessed (and still am) with so many positive "fathers" in my life, my actual Dad (who is no longer on this earth) to start. He was the kindest man I knew.

Back