• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite Backpack

Dragsmack

Im shopping for a lightweight daypack for my Wild Edge Steps and Kestrel for day hunt. I have a back pack now from Academy which is serviceable but nothing great. Do u guys like packs that can hold your bow or gun, or do you prefer to carry them?

I like to have my bow in my hand, easier to keep it out of harms way. I have considered a sling to protect string, but never pulled the trigger.

I have a Field & Stream pronghorn XL and another pack that I can't remember what the name is that carries a bow. I also have a Badlands monster fanny pack. I am thinking of going super lite and going with a outpaq like Boswell uses it's a sling pack.

I have a Field & Stream pronghorn XL and another pack that I can't remember what the name is that carries a bow. I also have a Badlands monster fanny pack. I am thinking of going super lite and going with a outpaq like Boswell uses it's a sling pack.
Do you carry sticks or Wild edge steps?. I thought about Boswell's pack but I cant pack steps in it and I think the Wild Edge steps slung over my shoulder in their bag would be uncomfortable for any distance

Do you carry sticks or Wild edge steps?. I thought about Boswell's pack but I cant pack steps in it and I think the Wild Edge steps slung over my shoulder in their bag would be uncomfortable for any distance
I carry 4 lonewolf stick with the strap that they sell over my shoulder . I will be using 3 stick with Red climbing aider next season. I also use my WildEdge stepladder with the bag . I will carry 5 or 8 steps depending if I want to use 3 for my platform. The bag over the shoulder is not that bad and I hear they sell a pad that fits the bag and helps protect your shoulder.

I carry 4 lonewolf stick with the strap that they sell over my shoulder . I will be using 3 stick with Red climbing aider next season. I also use my WildEdge stepladder with the bag . I will carry 5 or 8 steps depending if I want to use 3 for my platform. The bag over the shoulder is not that bad and I hear they sell a pad that fits the bag and helps protect your shoulder.
I have a bunch of Badlands packs- the two I go to most are the super day pack or the Ox frame depending on what I'm carrying. They are a great backpack.

I love badlands packs. My go to is the 2200. It's an internal frame pack so it's the best of both worlds. Can pack anything I can fit into it or strap onto it and distributes the weight perfectly

I used the smaller Magellan pack from Academy this year and loved it. I’m not sure which pack you have from there but I felt that mine was the perfect balance of being small/lightweight but also functional. The belt helps distribute the weight well

Big fan of my Eberlestock X2 and my Pioneer by Vanguard 2100. Great packs for carrying sticks. By the way for those who are in the military or LEO’s check out Experticity and register. I think I got my Eberlestock packs for almost 40% off many other awesome companies listed as well

I use the outpac for warm weather hunts. When it gets colder and I need to carry my heavyweight clothes in, I use my Redhead pack as I c a n strap it to the outside of the pack.

I use the outpac for warm weather hunts. When it gets colder and I need to carry my heavyweight clothes in, I use my Redhead pack as I c a n strap it to the outside of the pack.
Are you carrying sticks or steps?

When I hunt public land, I carry 4 muddy stix. Private land, I use 20' permanent steps.

I have a Field & Stream Outback, holds my steps and saddle and also holds gun or bow and jacket on outside. Includes straps to hang around tree as well with a zip down area for easy tree access to inside pockets. Heavier pack but I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back