• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite Outdoorsy Swears (PG—rated)

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Sometimes you just gotta censor your daggum self!
After a hard pre-season’s permethrin-ing, let your britches air out for a spell and let your favorite PG-rated profanities fly!

RULES:
1–Reasons for saying the word(s) can range from a big honkin’ buck, hitting your doggone brains on the doggone ruffa-yer truck, or humpin’ through some flea-bitten poison ivy for a snaggin’ chance at Mr. Nasty.
2–If they don’t say it in “Star Wars” or “The Simpsons”, don’t write it here. Besides, your doggone mama could be reading thi
3–Keep each other’s wives, mamas, and social selectabilities (made that word up) out of this and all other threads! It’s for fun, daggummit.

This should get interesting...

Well my grandmother who is holiness Pentecostal does not cuss and once she over heard me say those two words that shouldnt be said together she never forgot about it. Anyways this word combo is one that i hear her say all the time when she gets frustrated and its "AWE FOOT". My mother says it as well, and i occasionally say it. Its not about hunting but its what i thought of when i read this thread.

Well,I don't have any hunting word, per se, but have had to adapt language to more "Jesus friendly" after I became a follower.
One night I was working just outside of the busiest ER in Detroit, painting the hallway where four very busy elevators and several hallways all came together. Patients were walking and getting wheeled all about. Any who, I had a large 32 oz styrofoam cup of water on my cart, and I knocked it over to the floor... Water and Ice EVERYWHERE!
"SON OF A... MONKEY BUTT!" A security guard walked by laughing "nice catch!"

My mom-mom used to say “Helluvaside”, as in “You better helluvaside clean your room”.
My dad always had a healthy giggle over her family’s use of the nonsensical term. Apparently it’s somewhat common among Depression-era Philadelphians and Delawareans.
I haven’t heard it often but last year at the archery range, some guy told his son to “helluvaside sharpen that aim” under repercussions.

I also like to use the word “HUCK” in all is various forms and tenses. It’s very outdoorsy and well known in the saddle hunting world.
Try it.
HUCK!
HUCK IT!
HUCKER!
We’re satisfying.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back