• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite un minimalist gear.

tailgunner

I dont even like carrying binos or a Range finder.because i havent ever used them .no time or distance to in the blacktail woods.but i use these clippers alot.if i cut a trail in the spring ,blackberries over grow it by season.they help me get down trails ive never been on that are over grown.help me not turn back when im looking for a destination,help me make trails durring season,and give me shooting lanes through brush.they are 2/3the weight of others i have lost.but i modified them to be quiet, and added a Tool lanyard.and paracod lockScreenshot_20220813-080124_Gallery.jpg

Oh baby.
I love me some Japanese blades. Second to none in my opinion.
The grip looks comfy. I got a bypass hand pruner similar to that, from Samurai, made in Japan. Really fine steel, stays sharp throughout a lot of commercial use. I’ve given up on any pruning saw blades that aren’t Japanese too. One Samurai curved saw, and two Silkys, one fine tooth 300mm Gomtaro, for ornamentals and one large tooth 400mm Tsurugi straight, plus a medium tooth 400mm straight Tsurugi blade, cut the tang off, drilled a hole and mounted on a pole saw head. It’s not a common setup to see straight blades on pole saws, but it works very well, just tricky to get a little undercut on a branch to keep bark from tearing.

I’d love a US made multi tool like the Leatherman wave, but with a plain blade from Seki.

I dont even like carrying binos or a Range finder.because i havent ever used them .no time or distance to in the blacktail woods.but i use these clippers alot.if i cut a trail in the spring ,blackberries over grow it by season.they help me get down trails ive never been on that are over grown.help me not turn back when im looking for a destination,help me make trails durring season,and give me shooting lanes through brush.they are 2/3the weight of others i have lost.but i modified them to be quiet, and added a Tool lanyard.and paracod lockView attachment 69329
Last year I finally accepted that I had permanently lost my Leatherman multi tool snips, I loved those things… I went shopping to replace and found that they are long discontinued and a bit of a collectors item, real bummer.

Attachments

• 978EB8CA-54C3-4309-9F05-3B141375460F.jpeg
    978EB8CA-54C3-4309-9F05-3B141375460F.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 80
Never knew that existed, I’d love one. How silly to discontinue it, my only guess is that it wasn’t good for the business. Meanwhile they’ll make 4 versions of what is essentially the same thing with subtle differences.

Never knew that existed, I’d love one. How silly to discontinue it, my only guess is that it wasn’t good for the business. Meanwhile they’ll make 4 versions of what is essentially the same thing with subtle differences.
It was as good as it looks!

I got a dozen thermacells but only take 1 unit loaded with fuel and new pad, 1 extra fuel, and 3 extra pads.....ive only had 1 malfunction and quit works but that was after being totally submerged. Bug head net and gloves are sufficient backup and I keep them in my vest all the time....I deserve those bites if I didn't pack enough fuel or pads or fall in the water

I agree with the doyels...

My back support thing is most definetly my favorite thing I hate to carry with me...

I got a dozen thermacells but only take 1 unit loaded with fuel and new pad, 1 extra fuel, and 3 extra pads.....ive only had 1 malfunction and quit works but that was after being totally submerged. Bug head net and gloves are sufficient backup and I keep them in my vest all the time....I deserve those bites if I didn't pack enough fuel or pads or fall in the water

I agree with the doyels...

My back support thing is most definetly my favorite thing I hate to carry with me...
Im guesing those things realy work.there is a few wallows i get Tore up in.

Back