• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Female saddlehunters?

Illinoisbowhuntress

Hello everyone. Just wondering if there are any female saddlehunters on here? I'm a female public land hunter in Illinois and am considering getting a tree saddle but am wanting get some other women's input on it.

Thanks!

I know last summer we had a girl here in central FL that was looking into saddle hunting.

U can try to PM her @LMRFish

b8a1a4b6c04e393e33d2d9a802799ddb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love using a saddle. What do you want to know?

Yep, Jcar is your girl! She was at saddlepalooza last year and even showed me some new tricks.

Thanks for the kind words @IkemanTX. I learned so much from you gentlemen last year at SaddlePolooza. You’ll be missed this year. Looks like I will be representing solo for the ladies again this year.
With the increase in popularity of saddle hunting we may have more then 4 women on the forum soon.

Hello everyone. Just wondering if there are any female saddlehunters on here? I'm a female public land hunter in Illinois and am considering getting a tree saddle but am wanting get some other women's input on it.

Thanks!

I'm still learning but would be happy to talk with you about my experiences/ trial and error so far getting into saddles!

I'm still learning but would be happy to talk with you about my experiences/ trial and error so far getting into saddles!

Did u ever buy a saddle?

I have a Mantis & Predator u can check out if u want

Did u ever buy a saddle?

I have a Mantis & Predator u can check out if u want

Bongo let me borrow some of his stuff to try out - I ended up picking up a Kestrel from someone here not too long ago but think I might try a rock climbing harness with sit drag. Still playing around with things! How do you like the Mantis?

Bongo let me borrow some of his stuff to try out - I ended up picking up a Kestrel from someone here not too long ago but think I might try a rock climbing harness with sit drag. Still playing around with things! How do you like the Mantis?

Like it a lot

Super compact

Mesh is comfortable in 90+ temps and in the 30s

Gonna love it for my st Johns River long walk hunts and not carry my summit viper

I love using a saddle. What do you want to know?

Hi, thanks for responding.
Is it hard to learn to use?
What do you like/don't like?
What brand do you use?
Platform or Ring of Steps?
I bow hunt, is it difficult to learn how draw in the saddle?

I didn’t have an issue learning to use it and feeling safe but I already had experience with rock climbing and rappelling. Definitely try everything close to the ground before you go to hunting height.

The saddle is more comfortable for me then a lock on tree stand because I’m short and I find those seats to tall. I also find the saddle more comfortable for sitting as my back hurts less after long sits. I’m also able to be much quieter.

I use a tethrd medium saddle. For me it rides up but I can keep it in place by snugging the leg straps down on the lower hook up point.

I’m mostly a sitter and use 3 wild edge steps and a ros. You’ll have to see what you prefer. You could test it out with a climbing stick, if you have them.

As far as shooting a bow, I personally find that I need to focus on keeping my back arched when shooting from a saddle. Definitely practice from your saddle, not being truly seated or truly standing affected my shot until I figured it out.

If someone in your area is willing to let you try their system, I’d take them up on it.

Back