• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Field and stream purchase

MattMan81

SH Member
Does this move the needle for anyone? Just curious. Most magazines and articles about hunting and fishing (or anything for that fact) seem to have become so packed with ads that it doesn't seem worth it. Even that article about the article has it..
But does a couple rich country stars make you any more excited about it? If so why?
I remember my dad had a few field and stream magazines. But only when their was something in there he wanted to read about.

Doesn’t move the needle for me but not due to ownership in any way, my preferred medium for magazines and newspapers is still a physical copy so I won’t subscribe to an online only option at this time. Still get my newspaper to my door 6 days a week, people 30 years older than me tell me this is antiquated and I should get with the times. I’m sure my hand will be forced in the future if I want to read any at all.

I always enjoyed that my dad had subscriptions to Field and Stream, and many others as well when I was growing up. I picked up an issue of North American Whitetail today and have been happily thumbing through it enough that I now subscribed, cost me $7 as an impulse buy at the register and 2 years is $15.

Doubting it gains subscribers from an outdoorsman perspective but would bet they are able to increase the subscriber base because enough people are big enough fans they’ll subscribe to gain early access to the music festival thing and other potential fan benefits.

The good news is that there article indicated that there will be lots of merch ...

But I'm expecting you can't bow the ball caps down, and you're stuck with flat brims ...

Bro! (Brah?)

So that's a hard pass for me ...

I like a fair amount of EC's stuff, especially the early work. (Wallen hurts my ears, and the whole idea of music.)

But this pair of posers isn't going to save F&S. Print is dead, and digital relies too much on clickbait for a serious hunter or angler to luv the major commercial media outlets.

The 21st century spirit of the old Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, and Sports Afield is yet to be born, and will fight the the initial battles on small blogs.

Whether that can grow into something you can hold in your hands is yet to be seen.

I hope we don't lose paper and ink. Reading on the internet is okay, but there's no fun in it.

Ask this ol' cowboy how he knows...

I like a fair amount of EC's stuff, especially the early work. (Wallen hurts my ears, and the whole idea of music.)

But this pair of posers isn't going to save F&S. Print is dead, and digital relies too much on clickbait for a serious hunter or angler to luv the major commercial media outlets.

The 21st century spirit of the old Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, and Sports Afield is yet to be born, and will fight the the initial battles on small blogs.

Whether that can grow into something you can hold in your hands is yet to be seen.

I hope we don't lose paper and ink. Reading on the internet is okay, but there's no fun in it.

Ask this ol' cowboy how he knows...

I use to like Eric's Music as well. Don't listen to it much these days.

Back