• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally complete

10essee

483A6040-4061-4C72-B8B6-BF55947F6633.jpeg
Was finally able to put my buddies 16 Illinois buck on the base I built for him. He’s had the base for couple months now waiting on his taxi to finish the mount. 17 months but the guy did a good job on it. I’m pretty anal about stuff but couldn’t find anything that would upset me if it was my own. Turned out pretty nice.

Looks good.

I hope my taxidermist doesn't take 17 months on my mount!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ya I thought was a little long to wait but this guy is the only
“good” one around so he’s crazy busy. I waited a year for mine but knew going in it would be a while. There was 16 heads in bags on the floor when I dropped mine off that day.

My taxidermist is a 12+ month wait depending on the time of the season you drop it off, but its worth it. He does great work.

View attachment 4565
Was finally able to put my buddies 16 Illinois buck on the base I built for him. He’s had the base for couple months now waiting on his taxi to finish the mount. 17 months but the guy did a good job on it. I’m pretty anal about stuff but couldn’t find anything that would upset me if it was my own. Turned out pretty nice.
Who mounted all the hat's on the wall. LOL

Beautiful base really great craftsmanship you should be proud so should your buddy.

Who mounted all the hat's on the wall. LOL

Lol I gave him the Coors Light sign years ago. We’re both heavy equipment operators so any time a salesman from whatever company shows up we try to talk them out of some swag. I’ve got a hundred or more myself from JD, Volvo,Cat etc.. not to mention pump companies, sock line guys. Anybody with something free I’ll take except a STD.

Back