• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Buck

rrogers31

After around 4 years of hunting on my own and passing on countless small bucks and doe I finally nailed this guy! Im not from a hunting family and put in countless hours to kill this guy from reading books, listening to podcasts, and watching countless youtube videos I was finally able to put it on this guy. I knew deer were coming to the field at night and had been saddle hunting 100yds up in the woods to intercept however the wind wasnt right for that this day. Temps had dropped heavy so I knew I needed to be hunting. I ended up hunting small blind on the edge of the field to conceal my wind and knowing the deer had been moving early I hoped to catch a buck making his way out. This dude came out with 40 min of light left and thankfully I dropped him in his tracks! I killed a small 8 seven years ago with a friend but it was basically handed to me. I know I put in the hours to kill this guy and couldnt be happier!

Attachments

• Deer1.jpg
    Deer1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Deer2.jpg
    Deer2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Deer3.jpg
    Deer3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
After around 4 years of hunting on my own and passing on countless small bucks and doe I finally nailed this guy! Im not from a hunting family and put in countless hours to kill this guy from reading books, listening to podcasts, and watching countless youtube videos I was finally able to put it on this guy. I knew deer were coming to the field at night and had been saddle hunting 100yds up in the woods to intercept however the wind wasnt right for that this day. Temps had dropped heavy so I knew I needed to be hunting. I ended up hunting small blind on the edge of the field to conceal my wind and knowing the deer had been moving early I hoped to catch a buck making his way out. This dude came out with 40 min of light left and thankfully I dropped him in his tracks! I killed a small 8 seven years ago with a friend but it was basically handed to me. I know I put in the hours to kill this guy and couldnt be happier!
Congrats! Good work. Persistence will always pay off.

Any buck would be good reward for hard work and patience but that set of antlers is just extra icing.

Congrats!!! Nice buck, definitely a southern deer that hide is THINNNNN, deer around here look like they are wearing puffy jackets already

Back