• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First deer and it was in a saddle!

spear0

It’s about time! I’ve been working my butt off every weekend and it paid off tonight just like I wanted it too. Public land and with my bow. I had picked a creek in the bottom by some thick pines and tons of oaks all of them dropping. The Forrest floor was littered with tracks from all the deer, hogs and squirrels tearing up the acorns. I had set up in that area two times last weekend and was just unlucky with shooting lanes. I snuck in today early around 130pm and tried to be as quiet as possible. I’m using wild edge steps with knaider and swaider and complete mantis set up that came in last Sunday. I picked one of the large oaks directly in the center off all the tracks. 20 yards to my 2 o’clock was the thick pines that the deer are coming out of. Not 10 min into my sit just after I nocked an arrow I saw movement 15 yards at 2 o’clock. I reached for the bow that had just set down. The deer was so jumpy. Shifted my boots on the predator platform and the mud from my boots hit the leaves below and she jumped and stared in my direction for what seamed like 10 min. I was about 25’ up so felt good about her not seeing me. I rotated to about 4-5 o’clock as she come damn near right under me as I let one fly right through some small leaves and branches from a sapling. Severe downward angle and quarrying two I hit mid body passing through exiting just before stomach. She ran across the creek and about 70 yards with a very bloody trail. Extremely satisfied with my first deer and cannot wait to get back out there to find some bucks!
79feb3e5ea23300c174a74296f7a58e8.jpg
7c4f53c001e43cf3659093aa50dda091.jpg
99f1d9c5183755289b4be7b38557f52c.jpg
fd39bce187b13f7a3f3631f3f78e7f73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome congrats! It's all over now, you're hooked for life, might as well start selling off your other hobbies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Awesome congrats! It's all over now, you're hooked for life, might as well start selling off your other hobbies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yea I chuckled last night when I got home. My wife said good now that you are done hunting you can do all these things around the house... Haven't broken the news that this is only the beginning.

It’s about time! I’ve been working my butt off every weekend and it paid off tonight just like I wanted it too. Public land and with my bow. I had picked a creek in the bottom by some thick pines and tons of oaks all of them dropping. The Forrest floor was littered with tracks from all the deer, hogs and squirrels tearing up the acorns. I had set up in that area two times last weekend and was just unlucky with shooting lanes. I snuck in today early around 130pm and tried to be as quiet as possible. I’m using wild edge steps with knaider and swaider and complete mantis set up that came in last Sunday. I picked one of the large oaks directly in the center off all the tracks. 20 yards to my 2 o’clock was the thick pines that the deer are coming out of. Not 10 min into my sit just after I nocked an arrow I saw movement 15 yards at 2 o’clock. I reached for the bow that had just set down. The deer was so jumpy. Shifted my boots on the predator platform and the mud from my boots hit the leaves below and she jumped and stared in my direction for what seamed like 10 min. I was about 25’ up so felt good about her not seeing me. I rotated to about 4-5 o’clock as she come damn near right under me as I let one fly right through some small leaves and branches from a sapling. Severe downward angle and quarrying two I hit mid body passing through exiting just before stomach. She ran across the creek and about 70 yards with a very bloody trail. Extremely satisfied with my first deer and cannot wait to get back out there to find some bucks!
79feb3e5ea23300c174a74296f7a58e8.jpg
7c4f53c001e43cf3659093aa50dda091.jpg
99f1d9c5183755289b4be7b38557f52c.jpg
fd39bce187b13f7a3f3631f3f78e7f73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part of Bama are you from. Congrats on your first.

Back