• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First hunt from a saddle.

I love killing hogs! I need to find something again to extend my season.

I love It too till mid August then I don’t want anything to do with them. I just joined this lease and guys want some help thinning them out. I’m more than happy to help. I kept one gave two to my friends. I do love me some pulled pork or a good roast.

Congrats! What Gun are you using 17 hmr?

Yes 17 hmr. Marlin 917v with a bull barrel. It’ll put the clip in a dime at 100 yards. One wicked little rig. Them pigs hit the dirt instantly. Two forehead and the other in the ear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it was your first hunt out of the saddle. You mentioned you learned some things to make it more comfortable. Can you share what you learned? Just ordered my first saddle and am anxious to figure this out.

The thing that made it the most comfortable for me with my Kestrel was removing my belt when I got to hunting height. Didn’t take long the way the Kestrel slings kinda low in the back and the bridge strap crossed my belt right on my hip bones to make a hot spot.

Removed that and dropped tether to about chin high so It was pulling more in and not up on the saddle. Put a little tension on the adjusters and was able to sit much longer with less movement.

I had sat for hour or so a couple times at home but the extended sit in a hunting scenario showed me what I needed to change on “my” setup to be most comfortable.

Back