• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First newb question

BigLurch_75

Looking at the rock climbing harnesses, I do not see attachment loops for the lineman belt. Am I missing something? Or, do you sew lineman belt attachments to the harness? Before I spend the money on a RCH, I would like to know how to accomplish this.

There are a few RCH that have load bearing/rated gear loops. Those will work for a LB. What I did was run a piece of tubular webbing around the waist of the RCH. It works, but it's not ideal.

Someone will post a link to a RCH with load rated loops.

You have to add linesman's belt loops to most of the harnesses.

I think bowhunter15 explains an easy way to do it in this video:

What RCH are you looking to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What RCH are you looking to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still looking. I'm a big fella, so I have to find one that fits my waist size. Black Diamond has a few that go to my size. This has also motivated me to get off my butt & drop some poundage! It will probably be a Black Diamond though. I am open for suggestions though. All this is new to me.

Back