• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle deer

jimbo

Shot my first deer out of saddle I haven't had time to make it out this season ad well I got a Friday off so I went to thee woods I'd a spot I knew was hot last season and as I walked in about 50 yards from where I wanted to hunt I kicked up 5 doe and I hunkered down and progressed as couldn't see them I choose to hunt this location because the wind was in my face the Entire walk so as I cross the power line to where I want to hunt I am riddled with dozens of scapes and so I realized that's where I need to be and I start my one sticking process I make one advancement with my stick and ad I lean over to grab my stick I see a doe at 25 yards so I freeze I am free hanging with my legs wrapped around the tree at this point and she gets startled by a limb breaking in the wind she get out of sight so I put my stick on the tree and my tether is holding the stick in place and she's back she beds 30 yards away so I'm just hanging out waiting for her to leave she doesn't this goes for 10 minutes so I made the decision to see if I can pull my bow up and I'm able to slowly pull my bow up a get my release out of my shoulder pocket and range her she stands up and I draw back and release and it just dusted here she went like 15 feet I was so excited how it played out

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_143512_01.jpg
    IMG_20211029_143512_01.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 74
Way to stick with it and not get flustered cuz you weren't all set up. Congrats

Back