• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First sit in my Guido

ecfire1967

Waiting comfortably on a buck to come in. I’m in south eastern Oklahoma. About 150 miles due north of Dallas
4c9635a2bcd8ecde2dd18a048880ba5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Days off during the week are great but if I hunt my two days off it is four days without seeing my family. Double edged sword

And pretty tired by the end of the following week huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today (right now) I'm doing my first sit in my GW, too. I got into position early this morning since I expected to be a little slow getting set up. Not too bad though. Man, this thing is comfortable...almost too comfortable! I'm anticipating some good naps in the tree. :D

Let the back rest and lumbar adjustments completely out and let the back rest lay flat.........scoot your crotch toward the tree and lie back..........sleep for hours.

Oh yeah, let the tether out and sling your legs over your steps and stretch out.

Autumnrider, seems like you have this GW thing figured out. ;) I had to be out of the woods by 1pm today. Otherwise, I'm certain that I would have had a great nap!

The only real issue I had today was climbing with that whale tail getting in the way. However, once in position, the whale tale really works great.

Autumnrider, seems like you have this GW thing figured out. ;) I had to be out of the woods by 1pm today. Otherwise, I'm certain that I would have had a great nap!

The only real issue I had today was climbing with that whale tail getting in the way. However, once in position, the whale tale really works great.

Keep the leg straps loose.

Keep the leg straps loose.

Thanks, I thought that I had them pretty loose already but will double check next climb. The other thing I'll be trying is to totally loosen the back support straps(?).

It's a great saddle for all day hunting. I have had mine for five years and it's great during the rut when you want to stay in the tree all day. I bought the new bridge when it came out it lets you lean to the right or left easier than the old one. Butch sure knows how to build a great saddle too bad he's going out of business in December. Enjoy your retirement Butch.

It's a great saddle for all day hunting. I have had mine for five years and it's great during the rut when you want to stay in the tree all day. I bought the new bridge when it came out it lets you lean to the right or left easier than the old one. Butch sure knows how to build a great saddle too bad he's going out of business in December. Enjoy your retirement Butch.

Hopefully someone will buy the business

I moved my whale tail back one hole to shorten it. Now it does not stick in my boots. Leave your leg straps off til u get settled. That will help with the W tail issue.

Back