• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Time Saddle Guy

PAridge_runner

Welcome all, from Southeestern PA. New to saddle hunting after watching reviews and reading stuff here I chose and Just ordered the Cruzr Archon. Was that or the Lattitude method 2.0. Also ordered some other stuff as our season has started. I'm gonna get one of those Dryad Dreys also. Purchased 2 custom ropes, 2 RollnLocks 2 Kong oval carabiner. 4 Beast sticks, stand is sold out and I'm waiting on that. Trophy line wingman that's being turned into a 1 stick. Still need a ring of steps, roll pouch, dynaglyde, a repelling device and decide how to pack it. I have some questions and will put them in the appropriate threads. Thnx

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you're well on your way!
Ty sir. I have a 100acres of private w 10 permanent stands and I'm surrounded by almost 100k acres of state forest. Only been on it for 2 yrs just got all my permanent stuff done early this yr and now it's time to go mobile as there r some giants on the state forest property.

Welcome from southwestern pa! Practice practice practice before you head to the woods is what someone told me, it was good advice! Good luck and be safe.

Welcome from Missouri. I have the Archon myself. Did a few modifications myself but luv it!

Lots of great info on this forum! I’m 5 miles from dahn tahn but I hunt GL51, Forbes and Ohiopyle. Make sure you practice before hitting the timber and take some elevated shots too.

Rappelling gear right off the bat!! Damn, good on you. I’m not that ballsy! I‘m kind of a newbie myself and do t even bother setting up any of my hang on stands anymore.

Lots of great info on this forum! I’m 5 miles from dahn tahn but I hunt GL51, Forbes and Ohiopyle. Make sure you practice before hitting the timber and take some elevated shots too.
Grew up in the south hills hunting dormont and castle Shannon having a saddle back then would had been very helpful

Back