• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fl public land buck

I've been putting in the work and know where 1, possibly 2, of his beds are..... Fingers crossed I run into him this year. Lucked out and got muzzleloader and general gun quota on this wma

Hard to tell from these pics, how close are these cameras. It appears to be more of a dropping down left beam on the second one and looks like the G3 on the left is shorter on the first buck. Brow tines are hard to see but if I’m seeing brows and not background sticks then the brows look different too. So my vote is different bucks. Which is good, cause they’re both studs and that gives more opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameras were roughly 80yds apart. 1 on the easterly bedding exit route and the other on an exit route on the west side of the bedding area

Proximity to a single bed would suggest it’s the same, and maybe so and it’s just the angle or something . But I swear it looks like the left main beam dips down a little on the buck in the second pic.... either way, def a spot that needs to be hunted

Kill whatever good buck comes out first and then see what still shows up on cameras

looks like 2 different bucks to me. look at his left side....G2 looks a little different

That's a slammer for the panhandle! I've seen a few nice bucks over that way in recent years. A few years ago I was driving to Destin and saw two really good bucks, probably mid 120s, around the Baker area.

I hope he was able to spread his genes a bit.... Got a 3 different south Fla bucks starting to go into overdrive right now too!Collage 2020-06-06 21_30_34.jpg

I don't really run cameras hard like I was doing.... I've got 2 set on some funnels on some new property I have access to this year but with the way thing are for me around here cameras don't really help me too much on my wma quota hunts. Also tired of buying them and they stop working after only a year

These south florida bucks aren't on a wma, but a really nice property I work on that can't be hunted. But I can't help not trying to figure them out and "pick my spots", then putting the cams out to see if I was on the right idea. Feel like that helps me have more confidence on shorter wma hunts with limited info.

Reactions: MEB
Back