• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

For the Sit Drag Guys

DB4x4

I came up with an easy mod that keeps the Sit Drag in place without sewing a belt to it.

First, as a bridge, I use 8mm accessory cord girth hitched to one side and run through a girth hitched 6mm prusik on the other side. (Red Circle)

This allows you to shorten the bridge for the walk in and lengthen it at the tree for hunting. When shortened, the extra bridge material can be daisy chained and tucked out of the way off to the side. (Blue Circle)

The mod is simply running a small bungee through the Sit Drag loops and hooking it into itself. This keeps the Sit Drag in the desired spot on your butt during the walk, and when climbing/hunting.

Screenshot_2019-04-21-20-17-25.png

Once you're ready to hook in, you can undo the daisy chain and lengthen the bridge to the desired setting. The bungee still holds the Sit Drag in place...

Screenshot_2019-04-21-20-18-42.png

Once you hook in and put your weight into the Sit Drag, the bungee stretches and allows the bridge to do its thing. If you stand up straight or introduce slack into the bridge/tether, the bungee compresses and still holds the Sit Drag in place...

Screenshot_2019-04-21-20-18-46.png

Note that this should be backed up by a rock harness at all times when used at height, but I didn't include one in the pics so that you could see the Sit Drag components more clearly...

I dig it! Do you have a stopper knot on the tag end of your bridge? Might be hiding behind the prusik in the picture.

Pretty cool. The belt is cleaner and a little more user friendly, but your method eliminates thread injecting. Cool!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back