• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Found $169 laying in the woods

BuckTown

Well not really but it was a $169 Trufire thumb release that I dropped on my way out last night. Tried hunting it down in the dark but figured I’d wait until daylight. Luckily I was able to back track perfectly to where it was laying. Had a cheap Allen release out on my morning hunt, so glad I got this one back.
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve lost or found out hunting?

Lost a wallet with about $500 dollars cash while bush hogging and never found a piece of it. And the day before yesterday I lost my thermacell trying to scout. I’ve found a $1100 dollar shotgun that was under some grass for a few years on a buddy of mines lease that he had no idea whose it was.

Lost a wallet with about $500 dollars cash while bush hogging and never found a piece of it. And the day before yesterday I lost my thermacell trying to scout. I’ve found a $1100 dollar shotgun that was under some grass for a few years on a buddy of mines lease that he had no idea whose it was.
Sounds like you are still in the good!!!LOL

If fly rods count. Oh boy. Lost 1 entire one due to leaving it on the roof. Lost the forwards piece on two different rods...

Hunting, knock on wood. Nothing yet.

Sounds like you are still in the good!!!LOL
The shotgun not being on my land my buddies dad which was the head of the lease took the gun and turned it into the sheriffs office to never be claimed or seen again. Last I heard they knew the owner but he wouldn’t come claim it because he was trespassing when he lost it. It was only gonna cost me about $200-$300 to fix the gun to new and what was crazy is it was a gun if been looking at getting for a year or so.

So far all I've lost is a couple arrows....knock on wood. Lots of times I misplaced some things for a couple hours but I found those things after I realized they missing. I lost my keys but found them after retracing my steps ..I was lucky on that 1

Also found 2 climbers one was a ol man carbon light climbing stand in a lake while fishing with my dad. Not deer hunting related but I also found a sunk John boat and motor while spear fishing one time.

So far all I've lost is a couple arrows....knock on wood. Lots of times I misplaced some things for a couple hours but I found those things after I realized they missing. I lost my keys but found them after retracing my steps ..I was lucky on that 1
I never take my keys away from the truck, I always put them either under the tire or under the mat in my bed...... please no one steal my truck.

How much does this Trufire release weigh? Perhaps you left it there to save a few ounces on the next walk in.

I lost a brand new jx3 hybrid in the woods once, pm me for shipping address if you ever find it ;). In all seriousness though I lost a nice CRKT double locking pocket knife out on the family property after field dressing a doe with it. Still to this day I can't find it.

If fly rods count. Oh boy. Lost 1 entire one due to leaving it on the roof. Lost the forwards piece on two different rods...

Hunting, knock on wood. Nothing yet.

Years ago in college I won a Lamson fly reel in a raffle. Waaaaay more reel than I could afford back then. First trip out a week later I left it on the bumper of my buddies truck never to be seen again. Easy come easy go I guess

...add it to the lost Stihl chainsaw, backpack blower.....

I've lost enough gloves to supply an elementary school (i have little hands). Also lost the first decent pocket knife my dad gave me. I was bummed about that one for awhile.

First time I ever went hunting, I lost my mind! Fast forward 20 years, and I’ve spent enough on this addiction to fund a small business. I have had several deer stands and deer blinds on private land walk off in the middle of the night, which played a huge role in the methods I use today.

I lost a lineman’s belt on the last hunt of last year... and I lost my tether the first hunt of the season this year..... to the classifieds I go I suppose.

Can you come and find my tether with ropeman? Been out there 2 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you come and find my tether with ropeman? Been out there 2 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Camo on the release almost made it spend the rest of it’s lifetime out there too. All jokes aside if I hadn’t found it on my trip in today I was going to get my buddy’s metal detector. Heck I would of even paid him $20 or something just to come out and use it himself.

Well not really but it was a $169 Trufire thumb release that I dropped on my way out last night. Tried hunting it down in the dark but figured I’d wait until daylight. Luckily I was able to back track perfectly to where it was laying. Had a cheap Allen release out on my morning hunt, so glad I got this one back.
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve lost or found out hunting?
you made me laugh,,last month i lost my S & W 45M&P.But like you i was able back track to wher i crawled under some vine maple,and there it was!!!Boy was i relieved,,it cost me a new holster too

Back