• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Found these geckos

TheYote

My dislike for geckos were the Velcro straps. I tried a few diy things but didn’t like it. These would be perfect as they come with the quick release straps. But I think these are located in Germany. Has anyone ever ordered from outside the US had any issues?

Attachments

• FC0C8FAA-5066-49FB-AC2F-86E8968EBF7F.png
    FC0C8FAA-5066-49FB-AC2F-86E8968EBF7F.png
    774.4 KB · Views: 154
I think the Raptor buckles are overkill honestly. I’ve got my Geckos modded with a 1.5 quick release plastic buckle on top and a 1” Tethrd T hook on the bottom. For the last two seasons they have served me well and don’t plan on changing anything. I cut all the Velcro straps off as well as the metal bar that holds it in place and sewed the strap directly to the pad.
b89b00ced3bcf25b3aa5464d8a216aba.jpg

7674d7334daf3722087679470199a85a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear im torn between buying climb right aluminum or Gecko carbons. I only wanna buy once but if i would be happy with the Climb Right would i wanna upgrade or just be happy with. HOWEVER knowing myself i always wanna upgrade. Plus the fact i can get the gecko for $530 right now new. Just wish i could find used.

I swear im torn between buying climb right aluminum or Gecko carbons. I only wanna buy once but if i would be happy with the Climb Right would i wanna upgrade or just be happy with. HOWEVER knowing myself i always wanna upgrade. Plus the fact i can get the gecko for $530 right now new. Just wish i could find used.

Get the Geckos. There’s no comparison.

I had geckos before love them but too scared to climb real high. I’m thinking about giving it a second chance. I’d much rather carry them in over four muddy sticks

I think the Raptor buckles are overkill honestly. I’ve got my Geckos modded with a 1.5 quick release plastic buckle on top and a 1” Tethrd T hook on the bottom. For the last two seasons they have served me well and don’t plan on changing anything. I cut all the Velcro straps off as well as the metal bar that holds it in place and sewed the strap directly to the pad.
b89b00ced3bcf25b3aa5464d8a216aba.jpg

7674d7334daf3722087679470199a85a.jpg

Can you tighten that top strap once buckled? I’m having difficulty finding a buckle and strap they can be cinched right after I buckle but also does NOT loosen up as I climb.

Bumping this as I am about to order stuff to mod the straps on some kleins I just bought for 125. Definitely need a buckle on top that doesnt loosen.

I'm not exactly thrilled with em

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Good, it took me several mods to like my climb rights and I’m finally content. But I’m always wondering about the carbon options.

What don’t ya like?

Good, it took me several mods to like my climb rights and I’m finally content. But I’m always wondering about the carbon options.

What don’t ya like?
They fit a bit funky. They got the mods done and such but just fit weird at bottom of ya feet. Unless I put them on backward the dozen times I've used em haha. Idk that that possible though lol

They fit a bit funky. They got the mods done and such but just fit weird at bottom of ya feet. Unless I put them on backward the dozen times I've used em haha. Idk that that possible though lol

This is good, your calming my gear addict mind.

Now you’re reving it back up!
These ain't something u can just go try on anywhere as we know. We suppose to as people help each other. That's part of this forum. I'll not persuade you either way. Id rather you see for yaself cause as I see most on here talking about what works for them doesn't work for me.

KiwiKlimbers has a Carbon Fiber "Saddle Hunter" addition with buckles not Velcro. I have the version before the Saddle Hunter came out and modded them to my liking. They are closed until the beginning of the year.

I bought a pair of gecko spurs. Night and day difference from my aluminum climb rights not only in weight but in how the pads wrap around my legs. They fit nice and stay put. As far as plastic clip buckles and how they loosen up when climbing, I had a set on my climb rights and I simply ran the male end of the buckle with the tag end of the strap to the inside. Kept it tight. In other words, run the male end of the buckle backwards.

Back