• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Game Changer

gumby

If by hunting season, gas hits bout $8 a gallon will that change your game plan or will you suck it up and go for it.

I'm lucky, I hunt close to where I live but if I didn't it would affect how much and how far I would drive.

I’ll put a hitch carrier on my Prius if I have to. But I’ll probably do more all day sits if I’m hunting an hour or more away, gotta get my money’s worth. I’d like to get access to some private close to home so I can drop in for some quick evening hunts.

We were blessed to have been able to buy our home in a national forest. Everything I'm hunting is a walk or a couple mile drive.
Before, in Michigan, it would have cut down a bit. Most of my spots were 20-30 minutes away.

I guess I could just be like everyone else in citrus county and drive my riding mower and tow the yard bin. All seriousness I have watched people move like this even driving them down 19, take to Walmart for groceries...all hell maybe I'll save the gas and hitchhike on one of theirs! ...
More than likely if it has goes that high I'll still hunt, just a lot less and a lot longer days..nothing like sitting am to pm in Florida archery!

I plan to take my motorcycle. I’ll pack out the meat in a large backpack cooler.
the bigger questions is would the wildlife officer allow me To take it all the way into the woods… if stopped, I’m gonna tell him my motorcycle cycle identifies as an Ebike

I plan to take my motorcycle. I’ll pack out the meat in a large backpack cooler.
the bigger questions is would the wildlife officer allow me To take it all the way into the woods… if stopped, I’m gonna tell him my motorcycle cycle identifies as an Ebike
Most wma at least around me allow motorcycles on the driving roads/trails as long as they are registered and follow the posted speed limits....other hunters may give you some pleasant looks though!

Back