• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

gear accessory prusik - what rope

MJH

SH Member
Can I use paracord for some prusik based sliding accessory hooks, or is that less durable than I might want. Max load 20lbs.

I would think that would be fine. Give it a good test to make sure it bites good, but the cord itself should be strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I like to use zing-it or lash-it to make small prussiks with. I get it from dutchware gear. Stuff is crazy strong, really small, and doesn’t weigh anything.

FWIW I like to use zing-it or lash-it to make small prussiks with. I get it from dutchware gear. Stuff is crazy strong, really small, and doesn’t weigh anything.

X2

I also use 300 lb braided fishing line for tiny prussic knots. I got it on Amazon.

Paracord will work too. The key is the prussic cord must be smaller diameter than the main cord.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I’m having a hard time finding small quantities of amsteel... is there anywhere to get like 10’ length of 1/4 and 7/64?

I’m having a hard time finding small quantities of amsteel... is there anywhere to get like 10’ length of 1/4 and 7/64?

I know dutchware sells 1/4” by the foot, and I believe they sell 1/8” and 7/64” in 25’ pieces, but I think its only like $5-$7 if I’m correct.

I've got 1/4 at R&W rope.

Back