• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear Hanger

I'm pretty sure I got that one and don't use it. I don't use a hanger. Can't remember what I didn't like about it. Think it didn't snug up tight and the hooks wanted to roll with a heavy pack. But it still held.
I just clip my pack onto my tether rope where it's wrapped around the tree with a carribiner and hang my recurve on the stopper knot tag end of my tether at the top loop.

I was just curious. I pretty much do this with an old strap from an American I had left over and use a qlipter or a caribiner to hang my pack and my bow.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

IMG_3775.JPG Thats a different one but there are another two one made by HME and another made by big game. The one you linked the hooks are too big or extend out to much which is the cause of the sagging I believe. The two i listed worked well because the hooks are smaller but plenty to support a good amount of weight. Heres the one made by HME.

Check out my Daisy Chain gear hanger thread. I used a ThirdHand Archery strap ONCE. Setting up the strap and then hanging everything up and having the risk of dropping something is no fun for me.

I'm pretty sure I got that one and don't use it. I don't use a hanger. Can't remember what I didn't like about it. Think it didn't snug up tight and the hooks wanted to roll with a heavy pack. But it still held.
I just clip my pack onto my tether rope where it's wrapped around the tree with a carribiner and hang my recurve on the stopper knot tag end of my tether at the top loop.

After someone else mentioned they hang their gear from their strap a few days ago on here it totally clicked for me. That's what i'll be doing this year. No extra strap necessary.

I have the plastic one like you showed and I also have ones with metal hooks that I like a lot better but I did use both of them and they work.

The bad side of hanging your pack on your tether is that it can pull it down the tree when you aren't loading it with your body weight. It also makes adjusting your tether height a nuisance.

I do hang my bow from the stopper knot though. But I have to move the bow to my shoulder to adjust the tether

After someone else mentioned they hang their gear from their strap a few days ago on here it totally clicked for me. That's what i'll be doing this year. No extra strap necessary.

I think I will stick with my Ameristep strap and qlipters.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The hooks are too weak for a pack but fine for lite stuff.
I sewed daisy chain loops between the hooks and clip the pack to one of the loops with the Qlipter.

Back