• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gearhead Bows and the Saddle

JRaney

Is there anyone here using a Gearhead bow to deer hunt with while using a saddle? I will be purchasing a T-20 next spring and wondering what hunters from the saddle think when shooting them out of the saddle? I love them from the ground. Smooth, quiet, accurate, precise and short! I was able to spend the day shooting them at the factory a year ago and fell in love. My first thoughts are that they would be perfect for saddle hunting. Curious to know if anyone here shoots one.

Every bow is perfect for saddle hunting! I find it way easier to shoot from.

Every bow is perfect for saddle hunting! I find it way easier to shoot from.
That’s the way it sounds. Just wondering about specifics of the Gearhead’s with the shorter axle to axles.

Is there anyone here using a Gearhead bow to deer hunt with while using a saddle? I will be purchasing a T-20 next spring and wondering what hunters from the saddle think when shooting them out of the saddle? I love them from the ground. Smooth, quiet, accurate, precise and short! I was able to spend the day shooting them at the factory a year ago and fell in love. My first thoughts are that they would be perfect for saddle hunting. Curious to know if anyone here shoots one.
Just make sure you can use it if you go out of state. I believe South Dakota you need 28" axle to axle. I think other states have similar laws. Other than that, those bows look sweet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply but I figured I would anyway. Got my Gearhead t-20 during the offseason and love it. New to saddle hunting, but I will say that I really like handling the smaller bow from leaving the camp, to drawn in the saddle. I strap my bag to the front of my 4-wheeler and use it as a carrying case which works great, then I either just carry it in or attach my sling to it if I don't feel like carrying it or need the extra hands. My sight is behind the riser, making it even more compact when I take off the stabilizer for carrying.

Back