• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gene Wensel on Stickboys

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
2 hour podcast of Gene telling stories.
If you don't get some belly laughs then you don't have a sense of humor.

I can't wait to listen to this!!! I attended one of Gene's seminars way back in the day and bought his book at it. Such a cool personality. Did you guys see the latest Bowhunter Magazine? Nice write up about G. Fred Asbell in this last issue.

I can't wait to listen to this!!! I attended one of Gene's seminars way back in the day and bought his book at it. Such a cool personality. Did you guys see the latest Bowhunter Magazine? Nice write up about G. Fred Asbell in this last issue.
I let my subscription lapse…!!! Thanks for the remider.

Just finished listening. I couldn’t stop! Great stuff. Just salt of the earth! That’s a self actualized individual right there! Thank God for the blessing of being able to read, listen and watch someone like Gene and Barry Wensel!

Just finished listening. I couldn’t stop! Great stuff. Just salt of the earth! That’s a self actualized individual right there! Thank God for the blessing of being able to read, listen and watch someone like Gene and Barry Wensel!
I can't tell you how influential those guys have been in my life. I love them.

[QUOTE="woodsdog2, post: 727669, member: 7504"
I wish there were more stuff available like this from Roger Rothaar.
[/QUOTE]
Me too.
There are a few Stickboys podcasts where they read and discuss chapters from his books.
And I think there is one or 2 with Roger's son Ryan. Look for podcasts titled "Backtrails" I believe.

I wish there were more stuff available like this from Roger Rothaar.
Here are some EP numbers you guys might like...
Gene: #24,123,124,160 and Gene and Brunner 57,58
Barry: 54 and I think he's part of a couple others
Roger Rothhaar: M.R. James and Jeff Warren read from "In Pursuit of Trophy Whitetails" #39,41,44,48,51,52. These are excellent!
Ryan Rothhaar: #57, 58.
Those ought to keep you busy for a while.

haha, Gene is a funny guy. I tear up a little when he talk about his wife.
Have you read Gene and Barry's book "And the Horse You Rode in on" ? It's out of print so don't send money to the address on the bookmark.
It's pretty funny.

"Finger" bookmark included. Makes a "statement" when it's inserted into the book. LOL
20230307_111308.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me somebody has a digital copy of some Altizer videos they’d share with me????

To quote the man, “I like that. I like that a lot.”

Back