• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Georgia newbie

Skillbil

Looking at getting into saddle hunting for next year deer season? Seems like to much research and time needed to be able to be ready this year. One question I do have,would it be better to buy a pre made or diy the tether, bridge lineman’s belt. Is their anyone saddle better than the rest available now to purchase? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at getting into saddle hunting for next year deer season? Seems like to much research and time needed to be able to be ready this year. One question I do have,would it be better to buy a pre made or diy the tether, bridge lineman’s belt. Is their anyone saddle better than the rest available now to purchase? Thanks for any help.

Welcome, in my opinion the Mantis should be a really great saddle and New Tribe is coming out with a Kestrel that’s a mesh version of their other Kestrel. They are first rate I’ve had two and sold the size1 because the size2 fit me better. There are also a lot of cheap older saddles for sale on here or AT classified. There are choices now that has never been out there in my short 4 year odyssey for the perfect saddle. I have the Mantis ordered and will order a Kestrel mesh as soon as my wife turn’s her back. Tethrd is the first all purpose saddle hunter company on the market and are just getting started. That being said they are well known saddle hunters from this community that have started their own company. IMO everything I’ve seen them put on their site is first rate and the newest technology on the market. You could not go wrong spending money with them. Just my opinion.
This message paid for by @g2outdoors and @erniepowers aka Tethrd
You still have plenty of time to be in the saddle this year.
Post where your from and if anyone lives close they will probably be gracious enough to let you try theirs and give you a crash course to boot.
Don’t tell him I said so but one of the owners lives by Savanna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the site . Great bunch of guys on here. Ask any questions and I'm sure you get and answer .

Welcome from Sportsman's Paradise! Also don't forget to check out the Newbie thread that @donnieballgame created. Tons of great information in one location

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome! Thanks for the plug @denots! Good info in the new saddle hunter section, in the glossary and noobie info/advice, should probably have named it an overview, link in my description below, also, don't rule out a trip to Sikapalooza, will have at least a few saddle hunters there and last time at Saddlepalooza 18' the demo was my favorite part, except all of the pig killing and eating that we did!

Lagrange Ga. west Georgia

Awesome!!!! I've probably seen you on West Point!!!! I have family in Troup County. Don't pay any attention to @donnieballgame . He drove a thousand miles to hunt a bunch of stupid pigs for 3 days on 400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 acres and never even saw one.

Welcome from Michigan.

Back