• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Getting rid of my climber

SaddleUpPartner!

I'm jumping into saddle hunting with 2 feet. Found a lot of good videos online and decided that I'm going to make the switch. Only problem is... I bought a brand new Hawk Warbird climber 2 seasons ago. I haven't put it up for sale on craigslist or put up flyers at work but did anyone ever have issues or have any suggestions on getting rid of theirs? Thanks

I am also jumping into saddle hunting but I am keeping my Lone Wolf climber and Alpha II hang on stands. I suspect that their may be times where it is useful to have multiple options. If after a season of saddle hunting you decide there is no need for your climber, then sell it on AT, Ebay or Craigslist. The only hassle is the cost to ship the stand can be steep.

I’m keeping all mine too. But I’m kind of a hoarder of equipment. I can see certain scenarios where I still use climbers and hang ons.

I originally bought it for state land in Michigan and to be more mobile. It's a very comfortable stand and served its purpose but saddle hunting looks WAY better and more mobile. I do have a hang on that I will be holding onto as well. Sometimes it's nice to walk into the woods and climb up a ladder and be ready to go but that climber is kind of a pain.

I shipped a XOP sit and Climb to Virginia from Illinois. Cost me $92 dollars to ship. If I wasn't impatient, I would have tried to sell it local 1st. Of course I did this after buying 2 saddles so yeah....there was that.

Back