• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good thing I checked-Broadhead

MNFarmHunter

I shot one arrow this weekend and missed. I dug it out of the ground, verified that it lost its sharpness and put it back in the quiver.

Just before sharpening all my heads again, I verified the zero. The (2) unfired arrows were hitting exactly where they should. The fired broadhead though and a wicked wobble and was hitting with a significant cant. Swapped that broadhead for a different one and the arrow flew correctly and patterned with the rest.

I don't see any damage and it seems straight but I put that broadhead out of service and replaced it. Good thing I checked before resharpening.

Montec G5 CS heads.

For the life of me, I can't find anything wrong with it but any arrow with it has an awful off-tune flight.

Same thing happened to me. Montec g5. Checked all my broadheads before the season. Had one that just wouldn’t fly straight. Tried it with every arrow I have. But in montecs defense, I did drop an arrow with that same broadhead attached on concrete, point first. Ha! Big Oops.

Part of the reason I shoot fixed blades is so I can test them out.

Well, that's interesting.

I went to spin test it and saw just a little bit of leftover mud on one side, maybe the size of a pinhead.

Cleaned that off, spin tested fine, shot it with all of my arrows and it's

Montec G5 CS heads.

For the life of me, I can't find anything wrong with it but any arrow with it has an awful off-tune flight.
Contact them as a company and I’m sure you can mail it to them. They can fix it or send you a new one. VPA did that for me. I shoot their 200g single bevels. Mine went through an animal and it obviously hit bone somewhere internally because the tip was not fixable. I sent it to them and they sent me a new one. So I’m sure they can do that for you also.

Back