• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Great Northern Longbows

bodark

SH Member
I am really kicking around upgrading my recurve to a nice longbow for this season and really like the look of these. Particularly the Bushbow and the Lil Creep models. Does anyone have any experience with these models or even any other models by Great Northern?

The longer bow would just be a little more forgiving. I’d also probably go with the straight grip instead of the locator. My bow is just a little finicky when it comes to grip pressure, and the straight grip would solve this, I believe.

If asked if I’d buy one again, I’d say yes in a heartbeat…

Screenshot_20220707-111213_Gallery.jpg

Loved my Bushbows, but have come to prefer the Lil Creep. Faster, just as quiet, shorter and lighter...perfect hunting bow; my two are both 47#@26". Have the Jackknife feature on all three of my GNs; don't think I'd get another without it.

Loved my Bushbows, but have come to prefer the Lil Creep. Faster, just as quiet, shorter and lighter...perfect hunting bow; my two are both 47#@26". Have the Jackknife feature on all three of my GNs; don't think I'd get another without it.

I have to agree. I wouldn’t want to get another one without the Jackknife takedown.

View attachment 67478

That is a great looking bow. I’m assuming that is the lil creep? Is the size difference between the two that noticeable?

That is a great looking bow. I’m assuming that is the lil creep? Is the size difference between the two that noticeable?
Yes, it's a Creep. I can tell a difference; the Creep is 4" shorter with narrower limbs. Best way I can describe it is that it's a 7/8 scale Bushbow with a bit more reflex/deflex . Bushbow might be a bit smoother; Creep a bit crisper on release. Both are great, but the Creep just fits me better.

A buddy has a Field Bow and it’s very forgiving. I liked shooting it when I tried it out.

But I’ve moved to 64-68” bows.

Hinged grip, making it a 2 piece takedown...folds in half. Biggest advantage I see is that the string stays on the bow when broken down, so no worrying about changes in brace height when rebraced.

I think I have had all of the GN bows at one time. I love the grips. I still own a Ghost. It's my favorite. Work is good and shoot well but not the fastest you will see but plenty quick.

I have a field bow and it’s great. I would absolutely get another model with the jackknife feature.

I love my GN Shelton but it's listed in the classifieds with 3 other longbows for sale. Too many bows so I'm thinning them out.

Back