• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ground Huntin' - CLIQ Chair

swampbuck

I didn't want to water down any thread on the Waldrop but I wanted to share a recently acquired amazon lightening deal I couldn't resist.

The compactness and quick deployment sold me instantly. I sat and read in it for 3 hours yesterday and it's very comfy. It's got the same advantages of being able to sit freestanding or up against a tree.

Just another option for those (like me) that can't quite justify the price of the Waldrop right now, but want many of the same advantages (minus the "pack out" feature).

899E90A2-8357-4009-A1B4-CBF90FFFE1F4.jpg
E39356DD-ED9E-45A8-BABC-3724541A570D.jpg
3820FD80-DF4F-4FD5-A6D6-EE5DA2D57486.jpg

I was looking at those just yesterday and was impressed. There still a little out of my price range though. I’d like to have a lightweight chair for deer/duck hunting and to take on canoe trips. I may roll the dice with a cheap Chinese chair or keep searching for something used.

I’ve thought the same thing with that style seat, some of them are crazy light!

OneTigris has a camo chair that’s intriguing. I’ve seen several YouTube reviews and it seems to be a good chair for $45ish.

does the seat pivot on the base?

Negative. It's stationary.

I guess one knock against it ... if you were hunting with a long/compound bow it'd be tougher to shoot your weak side. At least compared to a chair with a triangle shaped seat, or a seat that's more rigid. I've switched to the Mini, as pictured, so it wasn't a consideration.

Is it noisy when you move around? My one complaint about most camping type chairs is they always squeak a little when you try to adjust.

I bought an Alps Turkey Seat & its so compfy I can sleep in it but too heavy. Also looking for the perfect chair. Also have a three legged Double Bull but I like four feet on the ground better. It's just like finding the ultimate Saddle...

Lightweight and mobile chair that I like when ground hunting is the hammock chair. At only 2 pound-ish gives me excellent mobility /pivot to shoot behind me and it can go on a back pack easily.

I was looking at those just yesterday and was impressed. There still a little out of my price range though. I’d like to have a lightweight chair for deer/duck hunting and to take on canoe trips. I may roll the dice with a cheap Chinese chair or keep searching for something used.

Use your saddle as a "ground seat". Hook your tether up higher and you can use the tree as a "blind". 360 degree shooting! Best of all, you probably already have one! Good luck and be safe.

Use your saddle as a "ground seat". Hook your tether up higher and you can use the tree as a "blind". 360 degree shooting! Best of all, you probably already have one! Good luck and be safe.
I’ve got a sit drag that would work nice. Sometimes when we float well stop on a sandbar with no trees though.

i have one very similar, bring it along with me when i'm bank fishing. in my experience it's a "deep" sit, so not the stealthiest to get out of, more of a lounce and wait for the catfish to bite chair. also, i'm not able to draw my bow from the seated position, but your experience may vary. they're great chairs though

I've got the one pictured below. It has the ball attachments for the legs that fixes the sinking issue. Only reason I passed on ambushing from that thing is all the assembly and clicking of the "tent poles." Other than that, they'd serve the same purpose as the Cliq.

1657737978261.png

Back