• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

GSM customer service....Helium 20's to a Stealth Camera

Pyronole

SH Member
Purchased some Helium 20's from Mack Prairie Wing's and when they arrived I had several issues. Two of the steps didn't fold down anywhere near level and the sticks were full of metal bits and sounded like maracas. In addition, the bag that all the hardware was in had been sliced so the nuts, bolts and washers were scattered throughout the box and some were lost during shipment. I contacted Mack's and they quickly offered to send a new box and so I returned the first set. I have since got the replacement box and the steps deploy correctly and while one or two still rattle a little, it's not bad.

Then I received an email from Hawk/GSM asking for pics if I had them. I did so I emailed them back...then I got another email thanking me and told me that if I gave my address they'd send me a game camera. I did thinking that they'd send a refurbished camera or something like that...nope. Today I got a brand new Stealth Cam G45NGMAX2 30 megapixel, with a price point almost double what I paid for the sticks! I know that when Hawk was bought out by GSM their customer service really fell off, but I just wanted to pass along a first hand experience that hopefully now it's headed in a better direction. Now if GSM could put more effort into QA/QC.....

Purchased some Helium 20's from Mack Prairie Wing's and when they arrived I had several issues. Two of the steps didn't fold down anywhere near level and the sticks were full of metal bits and sounded like maracas. In addition, the bag that all the hardware was in had been sliced so the nuts, bolts and washers were scattered throughout the box and some were lost during shipment. I contacted Mack's and they quickly offered to send a new box and so I returned the first set. I have since got the replacement box and the steps deploy correctly and while one or two still rattle a little, it's not bad.

Then I received an email from Hawk/GSM asking for pics if I had them. I did so I emailed them back...then I got another email thanking me and told me that if I gave my address they'd send me a game camera. I did thinking that they'd send a refurbished camera or something like that...nope. Today I got a brand new Stealth Cam G45NGMAX2 30 megapixel, with a price point almost double what I paid for the sticks! I know that when Hawk was bought out by GSM their customer service really fell off, but I just wanted to pass along a first hand experience that hopefully now it's headed in a better direction. Now if GSM could put more effort into QA/QC.....
Supposed to get mine tomorrow. After reading several guys posts about those same issues I'm a bit worried...

Glad your experience turned out well and have fun with your new toys!

I had an experience with GSM last year that was terrible. Ordered some replacement parts for a tree stand that were shown as “in stock” on their website when I placed the order. After many weeks of back and forth with their customer-no-service department I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company and had to have it taken care of that way. Everything was a huge hassle. I will never order anything from them again.

I had an experience with GSM last year that was terrible. Ordered some replacement parts for a tree stand that were shown as “in stock” on their website when I placed the order. After many weeks of back and forth with their customer-no-service department I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company and had to have it taken care of that way. Everything was a huge hassle. I will never order anything from them again.
I know you aren't alone, which is why I was so surprised at my outcome. Just hoping that there's more good experiences moving forward.

I had bad experience with stealth cam..I have always bought the cheapest camera I could find but finally "treated" myself to a mid-high end stealth cam. I took the time to do the warranty and the whole deal...after 3 week soak I went to check the card and I noticed moisture under the lens. I took it home and all the pictures were blurred because of the moisture. I called and was told moisture isn't covered under the warranty. I still functions but very blurry pics....I use that 1 on public so not 2 angry if it gets stolen. IMO stealth cam is junk not so much for the product but the way they conduct business

I had bad experience with stealth cam..I have always bought the cheapest camera I could find but finally "treated" myself to a mid-high end stealth cam. I took the time to do the warranty and the whole deal...after 3 week soak I went to check the card and I noticed moisture under the lens. I took it home and all the pictures were blurred because of the moisture. I called and was told moisture isn't covered under the warranty. I still functions but very blurry pics....I use that 1 on public so not 2 angry if it gets stolen. IMO stealth cam is junk not so much for the product but the way they conduct business
Truth. They are junk even without moisture. I bought 2 and will never buy again. Bought 2 Moultries and they take better pics. Not the best out there but I fell like I got my moneys worth with them.

Truth. They are junk even without moisture. I bought 2 and will never buy again. Bought 2 Moultries and they take better pics. Not the best out there but I fell like I got my moneys worth with them.
Yep....me too. The low end moultrie cameras are good and I've had the best luck with them not dying after a year

Back