• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guide Gear 25' Climbing Ladder

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
These are great for a one-person set up on a reasonably straight tree.
$45 ($35 for 20') on Sportsman's Guide. Often free shipping, rebates etc there so pick your time.

Hard to get super tight on all of the sections. Bring camo wrap or tape to your set up. The rings that hold the pieces together will rattle and make noise. Lots of fancier, lighter options. But these are great for a preset, I install them myself. The steps slant back to center and if you add a bit a grip tape they are as safe as anything in rain.
In ice it is always nice to have something like the X-Stand Mantis steps. (Great concept but not recommended for other reasons).

I prefer to get above these but have used the top step as part of my platform. Not as stable as Cranford Deluxe screw in steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
I buy the set of 3 climbing sticks from guide gear. 4 usually get me to the right height.

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
Yep. Been using them for years. Have many set and use how ever many sections I need per tree. I replace all the straps right out the box. The ones that come with it are junk.

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
I buy the set of 3 climbing sticks from guide gear. 4 usually get me to the right height.

Yeah, I was wondering about those sticks. they are only like $35 for a set of three. Not light and probably have the same straps as their ladder sticks but 80% less than many of the top of the line. Personally, I prefer to set the ladders than sticks as it is much easier to me and you don't have to worry about it dropping down too far or not setting the steps the right distance apart.
And when I can't go straight up I have been using my Cranfords. But the sticks and Cranfords might be a good combo for crooked trees or limbs that I want to keep.

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
Yeah, I was wondering about those sticks. they are only like $35 for a set of three. Not light and probably have the same straps as their ladder sticks but 80% less than many of the top of the line. Personally, I prefer to set the ladders than sticks as it is much easier to me and you don't have to worry about it dropping down too far or not setting the steps the right distance apart.
And when I can't go straight up I have been using my Cranfords. But the sticks and Cranfords might be a good combo for crooked trees or limbs that I want to keep.

I bought the sticks primarily because I seemed to always want to setup in a tree that wouldn't work with a 20' ladder. That's all. I would NEVER use them for a mobile setup. They are only for presets. I probably have 15 or 20 sections - enough to preset 4 or 5 trees.

If I can use screw-ins, that's my first choice. My favorite preset is to use them with my LW stick with Aider at the bottom. This gets me to 7' high right off the bat. 18"-24" above the LW stick is my first screw in. That does 3 things for me.

1. It reduces the number of screw ins I have to use per tree by at least 4.
2. It keeps other hunters from using my screw ins (unless of course they happen to haul along their own LW stick and aider)
3. Starting the screw-ins at 8' high hides my setup from other hunters and keeps deer from smelling the screw ins while I'm gone.

It takes me all of 30 seconds to attach the bottom LW stick when I'm ready to hunt the setup.

bigcat93

SH Member
Jul 15, 2015
NJ
These are on sale for $20-25 on sportsman guide if anyone is looking to pick some up