• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Slingpredator06

So I have a guidos web that's been sitting in my garage for the last 2 seasons not in use and the 2 seasons before that I used it pretty heavily during deer season. Now I have a buddy that wants to buy it but the last thing I wanna do is sell someone something that's exceeded its safe use timeframe. So Ive tried to find an answer to this but cant find anything. So tether aside, how long are these webs usually good for? Ive always kept it inside and its showing no obvious signs of wear but its gotten wet plenty of times. Im a jumpmaster in the army and I know strapping can fail even if it looks alright and is usually put into use and retired on a time schedule and not a wait til it looks bad then replace type of system. I like to utilize that same method with anything that holds someone off the ground when possible. Thanks.

I've had one since 2005 and mine is still fine. Thanks for your service brother! Builds and sell us the one stick sticks please!

Ok that's reassuring on the web. I guess Ill let him have it. Thanks for the kind words and I am working on sticks constantly! Thanks again

Butch told me when I got mine that the lifespan would probably be 7 years. I would think that it would be longer than that if you took really good care of it. Some of the stitching on the cloth parts may need to be redone at some point, but I have had mine for 3 years and haven't seen that yet. IMO probably would last as long as we would be saddle hunting! :)

Back