• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gun hunting from a saddle

Nosaj

SH Member
Any different tips or tricks for gun hunting from a saddle? I plan to tie a loop of 550 cord around the grip to hang the gun from when I need to use my hands or need a break.

I use the tree trunk as a rest to aim with. Also use the same hanger as I do the bow to hang the gun on. I just hang the sling on the hook. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am interested in this too. i tried on the ground in my saddle and i like my summit climber better for sure but a saddle is so much more comfortable for my back and hips and opens up so many more tree options. . as far as stabilizing the shot im way more steady with a vertical bow than a gun/crossbow off hand or in a saddle.

i am interested in this too. i tried on the ground in my saddle and i like my summit climber better for sure but a saddle is so much more comfortable for my back and hips and opens up so many more tree options. . as far as stabilizing the shot im way more steady with a vertical bow than a gun/crossbow off hand or in a saddle.
It’s almost hard to shoot offhand b/c of your bridge easier to rest an elbow or forearm on the bridge. I usually rotate a bit so the deer is at 10-11 o’clock & use the tree & tether to rest. Solid!

Tree trunk for a rest, use the same hanger I use for my bow to hang the gun or I just set it in my lap across the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back