• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hanging Bow / equipment from tether

face

Instead of having another loop around the tree, is there a safety reason not to hang bows and stuff from the tether loop? I was thinking of making some J-hooks and paracord loops to attach the tether.

Baring this idea, what tree hanger are the least pain to deal with?

The problem with hanging stuff from your tether is weight and movement. Everytime you shift around, your bow, pack, etc will swing around. There's several different homebrew tree strap threads on this site. Some use amsteel daisy's, I use 3/4" webbing with j-hooks and some use premade commercial stuff.

Tethrd sells the hys strap, for the last couple years I take a camo tie down strap, a carabiner, and a hero clip, hang bag on biner, and bow on hero clip quick and easy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I like this bow hanger. It will fit any rope style strap and hooks are for backpack. This is hung on thicker Paracord with a niteize cam jam. I was going to make a custom kydex hook but since I hunt with my quiver on my bow I couldn't make it work. The hooks are from frostline outdoors
2ef5508deeb7bedabfeb93689e2b75aa.jpg
7244967fddaf3bf70561c0059b87eb32.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I'm talking about the part of the tether that loops around the tree and is snitched tight under load.

Instead of having another loop around the tree, is there a safety reason not to hang bows and stuff from the tether loop? I was thinking of making some J-hooks and paracord loops to attach the tether.

Baring this idea, what tree hanger are the least pain to deal with?
Hanging stuff from your tether wants to pull it down the tree with you on it.

There's nothing wrong with hanging stuff there....use ur linesman's belt and get a little slack and use whatever to attach...I would think paracord loops girth hitched would be super easy...that is normally where I hang my thermacell....a stopper of some sort would be very useful...however I have a dedicated strap for my bow hanger..sometimes it's better to hang ur bow in a different separate tree or times u aren't saddle hunting but u may still hang ur bow.

Try this system, I have used it very successfully.
bigwhitetaildreams.com
The hooks are rubber coated steel, which is good for removing your bow from quickly and quietly.
It comes with 4 hooks, I remove 2, leaving 2 one for a bow and one for a sling pack.

I have one of the genesis3d teather bow holder but didnt like it. I was always nervous about dropping my bow and it seemed to get hung on everything. Switched to his xl bow hanger that folds up attached to a daisy chain. As far as size goes I dont think you can get much smaller. I dont use hooks on it just carabiners that are already on all my gear

Try this system, I have used it very successfully.
bigwhitetaildreams.com
The hooks are rubber coated steel, which is good for removing your bow from quickly and quietly.
It comes with 4 hooks, I remove 2, leaving 2 one for a bow and one for a sling pack.
Can you hang a bow with a quiver on the hook?

Yes you can, with the hook being rubber coated steel, and rigid it will allow you to leave the quiver on.
Years ago I used to leave my quiver on, but went to a 3 arrow Kwikee Kwiver that allows easy removal and have not had any problems since.
Got busted a few times with the feathers rubbing against things, now I hang it off one of the hooks.
Bows will typically shoot quieter with out the quiver and arrows.

Back