• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hanging Bow from Molle Webbing?

MN_Bowhunter4

I was hanging in a tree and had this thought. Anybody do something similar, and if so, what sort of clip do you use and how do you orientate the bow?

I was thinking I could double my predator clip and hang my bow by it’s cam, similar to how it sits on my tree strap. That seemed a bit awkward to grab it though as the grip was so low.

Even though it adds more weight this is how I roll even with my compound

Attachments

• CC13FD03-2896-4850-B9DB-2D5B80025A9A.jpeg
    CC13FD03-2896-4850-B9DB-2D5B80025A9A.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 87
Can’t use those on public in MN. I use a clip on strap with gear hooks that serves the same purpose.

I’m thinking having it on the saddle itself might me less movement when picking it up. Maybe not though.

Here’s what I use, a night ize figure nine on a gear strap. I just removed the clip piece that goes over the gate of the large hook and heated it a bit and closed the mouth a bit. Then I take the smaller hook with the teeth and that goes over the gear strap. The teeth work their way into the strap and it holds fast. You can see it in this pic1034780D-7665-4EFF-A76D-B304D457B73E.jpeg

Thanks. 3 straight days of 4am wake ups I’m clearly not thinking clearly!

I currently use a gear strap and have my bow hanging from the tree like you guys have posted above. I’m trying to figure out if anyone uses the molle loops on their saddle to hang their bow, so it’s right on your hip when you’re in the tree. Anybody tried a bow hanger connectedto your saddle?

Here is what I used last year but I made a cord with tied loops since. I think the molle strap was easier and more tangle free. I think I will go back to it. I use a bungee to keep it tight.

Here is what I have been using.

Thanks. 3 straight days of 4am wake ups I’m clearly not thinking clearly!

I currently use a gear strap and have my bow hanging from the tree like you guys have posted above. I’m trying to figure out if anyone uses the molle loops on their saddle to hang their bow, so it’s right on your hip when you’re in the tree. Anybody tried a bow hanger connectedto your saddle?
Hmm I don’t know that I’d do that because your bow will be swinging and moving. Deer are pretty attuned to movement. Course now that I’ve said that I’m sure someone does it and it works awesome.

If you sometimes climb a bigger tree the bungee cord is useful. I climbed this one today. Without the bungee, I would have been SOL.

Back