• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hanging your backpack in the tree

trex

I was out practicing today and one of the things I noticed is that because I prefer a ROS and move around the tree to shoot, my backpack was never in a great position. I hang it off of the same rope system that I use for my bow holder, just above where I put my tether rope, and move it to the back of the tree. Only solution that I can think of is making a longer hang line so that the bag is hanging below my feet. If I need it I would pull up the bag and then lower it again. Anyone else try this or have other solutions?

Maybe since your using ROS, could you hang it of one of the steps? Then if you need it, can loosen tether and reach down and grab it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine never really seems to be in my way. Right under my tether directly in front of me off of the same strap, I hang my bow from. I've hung it lots of places though. It's in a tree behind me in my profile picture.

I was out practicing today and one of the things I noticed is that because I prefer a ROS and move around the tree to shoot, my backpack was never in a great position. I hang it off of the same rope system that I use for my bow holder, just above where I put my tether rope, and move it to the back of the tree. Only solution that I can think of is making a longer hang line so that the bag is hanging below my feet. If I need it I would pull up the bag and then lower it again. Anyone else try this or have other solutions?
That's how I do it when I use my ROS. When I use my platform it hangs at belt level on the back of the tree.

I don't go in my pack much, if at all once I'm set, unless it is a really long sit that involves food, or temperature change requires a layer change. It's not a bad idea to hang it below you, if you can figure out logistics. Right in front of you below tether seems to be ideal with a really small pack.

When I saddle hunted my pack was in front of me on the tree about mid chest. I hung it off my bow holder.

Different trees .. different tie off points. I use my pull up rope as a pack tether. Adjustable to suit my needs! I like my "essentials" in my pockets to keep movement down anyway.

Different tree, different position. I use my pull up rope to tether it where I need it. Essentials go in my pockets to reduce movement.

I hang my pack a little off to my right about waist high

Far enough that my right knee isn’t blocked by it

I want to be able to stuff in and out of the pack & have my movements blocked by the tree

I’m behind the tree for a reason and often times am within eyesight of bedded deer

I can’t risk hanging the pack on the back side of tree or having it below and pulling it up

During gun hunts I may actually raise it a little higher so that I can use pack as a rest for shooting to my right side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this issue last year and never really found a solution. I just bought the badlands Monster pack. It’s a lumbar pack and It fits close to my back so it’s not hanging way out off my back. I can get into all of the pockets while it’s on so I’m planning to hunt with it on the whole time. It is amazingly light too so not worried about much fatigue.

Back