• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Happy New Year and who's still deer hunting

Apex7

SH Member
Happy New Year guys and how many are still deer hunting with their saddles and when does your season end ? Ours ends January 28th.

I got till 22nd local and if I could swing a road trip to the panhandle up till end of Feb.

I was planning on a trip this morning/today but everything working against me and looks like no hunting this weekend for me

Our regular season ends today. Gets grim after Thanksgiving usually for me. If you’re in a reduction zone you have until the end of the month. I plan on working on getting access to a reduction zone for next season. Longer season and a bigger bag limit. Also can shoot an extra buck.

HNY! Looking for one more doe if my wife is generous enough to let me out again (it took 4 days of hard hunting to get my buck right between Xmas and New Year). Season ends at beginning of February so I should be good for another two or three hunts. Getting excited for shed season and post-season tree prep, which I’m trying for the first time this year.

Our season goes til January 15. I’ve gotten 2 bucks and 4 does this season. Donated 3 deer to feed the hungry. I’ve been still getting out but really to help other people try and get a deer and also to try new equipment I got for Christmas. Scouting for next season has already begun. Good luck if your still out there!

Nice to get out of here (Mich) and hunt elsewhere. Gotta figure who's got the longest and (cheapest) season.

Only one more week here in Tennessee. Work is fighting HARD to not let me get these last 1-2 hunts in.

Back