• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Harbor Freight "amsteel"

Shuwb

I read on someone's post that HF has rope like amsteel. Then just last week I got an add from them and they have ATV winch rope, 50', with tow hook and abrasion resistant sleeve. 3/16" diameter. On sale for $24.99. Regularly $29. I bought 2, should have gotten 3. It has a working weight of 3000#. Also has a factory loop on one end. I've made 3 daisy chains so far.

22kn=4950. Not saying it won't work but just remember not all things are created equal. Usually dictates the price difference also but not always. Just be sure to check your gear and test everything at ground level. Make sure you splice and not tying knots and remember that anytime you put a bite in a rope it reduces strength. I would say using it for climbing sticks or something of the sort should be fine. I don't think I would use it for my bridge.

Probably the same ones that can be bought on amazon. Amazon had it for 21-24$ and was 6500 lbs 1/4 inch.

If it says UHMWPE then it’s the same stuff. Amsteel you pay for the name brand. Like the other man said, I’d maybe pay for the name brand for my bridge, although I use webbing bridge, but for sticks it’s more than enough. I used it for a while for sticks then went to daisy chain Amsteel and couldn’t find the aftermarket stuff in 1/8 or 7/64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back