• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Has ANYONE come up with or know of DIY platform for we steps?

Ruff-n-it

Hey guys looking for a platform for we steps without breaking the bank. ive looked through several threads and have not found anything yet. Hoping someone has got it figured out. Still pretty new to all of this so don't have a lot of time watching my dreams come true. Thanks for the help

There is a plywood platform that works great for WE steps. Search the forums and you should find detailed measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plywood platform only works on the Primal steps. The crossbar( where you put your foot) is in a different position(up higer) on the we stepp not allowing enough room for the 3/4 plywood to level out. Might have to stir the potion pot around on this one.

The plywood platform only works on the Primal steps. The crossbar( where you put your foot) is in a different position(up higer) on the we stepp not allowing enough room for the 3/4 plywood to level out. Might have to stir the potion pot around on this one.

Had no idea. Assumed primal and WE were the same. I’ve had this on my to do list for a while. I guess I can cross it off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the slight downward lean it creates on the WE step was actually a good thing vs Primals. The way you lean or sit in a saddle doesn't fit a perfectly level platform. When level, it puts your ankles in a weird angle and, for me, the downward angle feels better. I even set my other platforms on that downward angle now after testing the plywood on WE.

I found the slight downward lean it creates on the WE step was actually a good thing vs Primals. The way you lean or sit in a saddle doesn't fit a perfectly level platform. When level, it puts your ankles in a weird angle and, for me, the downward angle feels better. I even set my other platforms on that downward angle now after testing the plywood on WE.
You are seeing something different than I am. When you put the plywood in the end of it towards you is not pointing down but pointing up

You are seeing something different than I am. When you put the plywood in the end of it towards you is not pointing down but pointing up
Sorry, trying to find my pics now, if I still have them. I tried so many options, it may have been the last one I designed that had wings that went around the tree and mounted different than the std plywood design. I was using slots that the 2 prongs went through on that one.

Sorry, I can't find the pics, but it was during the build of this version that I stumbled into the downward angle thing, and may have even been when I tried the Perch on a Primal step now that I think about it. I agree, it normally would tilt up with plywood.

Back