• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hauling an ebike trailer

sb220

So I Ebike trailered my first deer out today. Basically I just took a regular deer cart and tied the center of its handle to the rear center of my bike rack with some rope, with about an inch of slack. Unloaded the cart seemed to pull pretty straight, but with a deer on it, it fishtailed... which in turn made the bike want to do slaloms.

Is this simply due to the weight of the deer being off center or my basic hitch connection? Do the Rambo trailers ever do this, without worrying about how you position the deer on it?

I think being tied with rope is ur problem

I know guys with rambo carts & diy carts that work fine on their ebikes & normal MTN bikes

Those guys all have a sturdy metal connection like on a truck receiver hitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you guys that have used luna kits or diy carts.....come up with a good trailer connection yet?

Mabye a 2x4 secured to my bike rack with an eye/lag bolt in the end.....then an eye bolt through middle of handle of cart and loosely bolt them together with nylon lock nut?...would kind of suck to need tools in order to get the cart off to use in the initial thick stuff though

Last edited:
yeah I guess I could order a Rambo rack and cart if I needed to. Wonder if the design of the Rambo cart factors in....the way it has that main flat section over the axle to hold majority of weight id imagine.
My cart is basic V cart with most of the deer weight on the lower half...if I got off the bike, the cart tilted up and picked the rear tire off the ground

Back