• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Monkey Bars anyone?

bfriendly

Pretty much all my gear is Hawk brand, other than ropes/cords biners and belay. I had been looking for a ROS and stumbled across these monkey bar steps by Hawk. I know, it’s Hawk cheap China made junk, or so is it’s reputation. Quite frankly, the hawk brand has been good to me but I didn’t like the look of their fold down ROS I found first. Then I saw these monkey bars which I never heard of on this forum. Only one place seemed to have them even advertised. After searching and searching I finally found them on several other sites, but EVERYONE else was OUT OF STOCK……imagine that.
i know the helium sticks are popular but am curious if anyone uses these ROS. Also curious if there are any other Hawk brand fans? I am!

These are aluminum and I already have plans to mod the strap….might try a ratchet for this. Anyone near Acworth GA have the ability to sew webbing?5E5AFAC1-20A9-4F47-9366-48E954FD3BCE.jpeg

I 've used them this season and really like them. I have two taped together on either side of my scout with a OCB and strap. Very comparable to squirrel steps. I have a few slotted squirrel steps arriving today that I picked up on trade. I might be willing to sell the hawk steps without the OCB strap if interested.

I have them. I've never used the squirrel steps but they've got to be darn near the same thing. I agree on a OCB they are solid on the tree. I really like them. I have 5 of them setup as my ROS.

I usually try to support DanO as much as possible but a guys got to save money when he can. And I bought a OCB from him so I consider it a wash.

I 've used them this season and really like them. I have two taped together on either side of my scout with a OCB and strap. Very comparable to squirrel steps. I have a few slotted squirrel steps arriving today that I picked up on trade. I might be willing to sell the hawk steps without the OCB strap if interested.
They’ll have vet tape on them, but jfow85’s look pretty sweet! I like the idea of taping two together too! I have an OCB with sewn strap in my cart at doublesteps , but was debating the squirrel overpriced step options. I found the Hawks 4step package to my door for $60 and ordered them……as fast as I could when Midway and everyone else was out of stock! I am gonna give a try with a rachet first since I have several and am comfortable using them. I know, I know a mod right off the bat. But the cam buckle that comes with them will never see a tree. Besides, seems like everyone is modifying every brand out there somehow. I also get Hawk stickers with my stuff sometimes so I proudly display them in my windows!:sunglasses:

Pretty much all my gear is Hawk brand, other than ropes/cords biners and belay. I had been looking for a ROS and stumbled across these monkey bar steps by Hawk. I know, it’s Hawk cheap China made junk, or so is it’s reputation. Quite frankly, the hawk brand has been good to me but I didn’t like the look of their fold down ROS I found first. Then I saw these monkey bars which I never heard of on this forum. Only one place seemed to have them even advertised. After searching and searching I finally found them on several other sites, but EVERYONE else was OUT OF STOCK……imagine that.
i know the helium sticks are popular but am curious if anyone uses these ROS. Also curious if there are any other Hawk brand fans? I am!
I have 2 sets of the monkey bars. The strapping method on them is terrible, get you either a ratchet strap or PREFERABLY an over center buckle strap from EWO. The steps themselves are pretty good. They aren’t as light as the squirrel steps but they function just the same. For the price they are good

Dang I forgot, I found the nite ize jamcam 700# strap on Amazon so I have one of them coming and will try that…..ok, so that’s another $13

I have 2 sets of the monkey bars. The strapping method on them is terrible, get you either a ratchet strap or PREFERABLY an over center buckle strap from EWO. The steps themselves are pretty good. They aren’t as light as the squirrel steps but they function just the same. For the price they are good
Only reason I can figure they keep including that cheap cam is to keep the price down. I’ve taken them off everything that they came on. I was just glad my sticks came with the webbing w/loops sewn in. Looking forward to seeing what all the ROS Hype is all about!

I have used them this season and the only thing that i changed after a few hunts was i went with a ocb from ewo and it really helped. I'm very happy with mine. Almost bought a second set.

Dang I forgot, I found the nite ize jamcam 700# strap on Amazon so I have one of them coming and will try that…..ok, so that’s another $13
I just looked at that strap and I would go with the OCB. Specifically the one with the hook on one end from EWO.

I have them. I use 2. One on each side of the tree and I use a 1 stick with ewo UP platform. They work fine for what I use them for. I never even tried the strap they come with, just mounted them on an over center buckle strap I had from ewo.

Do you attach the scout with OCB? Or is this in addition to the scout+strap

Just got them in and was pleased to see the strap has a hook on one end. I’m gonna use a ratchet and see how it goes hanging it up a tree. It was ez on the ground and with a ratchet it was rock solid. Think I’ll use the ratchet with the platform next time too.
Here is the hook end that came with it hem.
E5085155-1492-4CD9-805C-B70F4092F28B.jpeg
it fits perfect!

Back