• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Head lamp

Robbo

Whats a reasonable priced headlamp with good battery life that has both white light and green or red led.

I have 2 stream light buckmasters its a Good light for the price to me. Got to be careful putting it in pockets I’ve had them come on and drain batteries without knowing. I’ve heard nothing but good about the black diamond stuff though.

I just bought an Energizer that has red and green. I have about 4 different energizer head lamps. They seem good to me for the money

I really like my Princeton tech byte tactical because of its size. Sometimes it just stays on my head the whole hunt. I also left it lay out in a field for two rainy lays and it still works.

Black diamond storm has been good to me. Has white,red,and green. $32.47 on black diamond website right now

I’ve heard good things about the Black Diamond mentioned and I’m sure that will serve you well.

Another option to consider is the Fenix HL30 - it uses (2) AA batteries instead of (3) AAA batteries, like most of the headlamps mentioned so far. I find that the batteries last longer and the size of the headlamp is comparable. I really like that the AA batteries also work in other electronics I carry afield (like my handheld flashlight and my Garmin GPS) so any spare batteries I bring fit most of the devices I’m carrying. (My rangefinder uses a unique battery size.)

The HL30 is a max of 300 lumens of white light with multiple lower output settings, and has a red LED as well as a lockout function so that it doesn’t come on by accident in your pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of either Nitcore or Fenix products. They have rechargeable 18650 batteries and the lights are fantastic. For 50-60 you can find a great product. It's well worth spending a little extra if you can.

As others have said Black Diamond Storm. You can find them around $30. I previously had a spot, like the storm better. It's brighter and I find it easier to use.

Whatever you go with I would get one with the battery saver feature. My black diamond has it and it’s great. I’d probably get the storm over the spot but I do like my spot. The storm is probably a brighter light in the red led mode.

I run a Nitecore HC65 as my primary has white/red and is rechargeable, I also carry a Black Diamond Revolt as a spare.

Back