• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Headlamp

Eaton35

What is a good head lamp you guys are using. Preferably one that has the green or red light plus your regular light. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some good info here:

I use a zebralight floody headlamp on low for setting up. I walk in with a zebralight flashlight spot. I like the low medium and daylight settings. I have it if I need it. I am not walking in with no light or barely a light where I hunt. There are an overwhelming number of coyotes and relocated nuisance bear. I do try to get in extra early though and carefully plan my route.

Cabela’s Alaskan guide product line. They are made by Princeton tec, and are covered by a great warranty. I bought the dual powered version using the included Rechargeable lithium battery or three triple a’s. Princeton tec’s equivalent is the remix rechargeable. Unfortunately I don’t think they are making that version any longer. The LED bulbs are regulated so you don’t get the dimming effect half way through battery life, from either battery option. The soft touch on and off button is silent. The green light comes on with one press, at its lowest setting. Press and hold the button and the green LEDs brighten up. When they reach the brightest setting, they cut off and relight staying at their highest setting. Press the button twice and it cycles to the white LED bulb. It starts at its highest setting, but press and hold the on/off button and the bulb dims from highest to lowest setting. It was expensive at around $80, but it has been great for two seasons of hard hunting, winter and spring fishing, and general handy man type endeavors around the house.

Attachments

• 1D285FC1-1A2D-4692-8894-09083EE48CE0.jpeg
    1D285FC1-1A2D-4692-8894-09083EE48CE0.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I use the nitecore hc65. I have a big light and haven’t pulled it out my pack other than to use the batteries to charge my phone all season.

assuming it holds up for a long time, it’s an excellent purchase. But as far as one season of performance is concerned, would highly recommend.

Petzl Taktikka here. has red light as well as several different powers, compact.

Princeton Rec remix. Depending on the model, it has a red or green light that always comes on before the white light. You have to hold the button down for the white light to come on. Different brightness modes for the red light. Good battery life. They only downside is that it doesn’t have a lock to keep it from coming on in the pack if you accidentally turn it on. That has only happened to me once in 3 years of having it, though. I always have a backup light and batteries.
Made in USA.

I use the Petzl Rectik +. It has the red light. And in the autonomous modes the onsite of the light adjusts to the distance to which your mean is focused. Rechargable. And connects to your phone so you can micro adjust the beam for maximum use time. Also tells you how many hours your have left. Can also create different lighting profiles. I discovered it and the Nao+ when searching for headlamps when I started running at night on trails, in preparation for Ragnar races and other nighttime trail running events.

For the price, the Reactik + is a fantastic light.

Princeton Rec remix. Depending on the model, it has a red or green light that always comes on before the white light. You have to hold the button down for the white light to come on. Different brightness modes for the red light. Good battery life. They only downside is that it doesn’t have a lock to keep it from coming on in the pack if you accidentally turn it on. That has only happened to me once in 3 years of having it, though. I always have a backup light and batteries.
Made in USA.

X2

I just ordered a Predator Tactics Coyote Reaper headlamp. It’s dimmable and has a focus feature. It will run around 4 hours on high and has a red led bulb. I will let you know what I think after a few hunts.

I just picked this up
Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV
Have not tried it yet as I am waiting on my batteries and charger from Nitcore, as well as my TK35UE from Fenix....

I just picked this up
Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV
Have not tried it yet as I am waiting on my batteries and charger from Nitcore, as well as my TK35UE from Fenix....

Make sure you get the right batteries. Not all 18650 batteries will work in the newer zebra lights. You need the flat top ones. I tried that one you ordered out but returned it. I have 3 other 18650 light and too much vested in the older 18650 batteries which are about 1/8” longer.

Make sure you get the right batteries. Not all 18650 batteries will work in the newer zebra lights. You need the flat top ones. I tried that one you ordered out but returned it. I have 3 other 18650 light and too much vested in the older 18650 batteries which are about 1/8” longer.
Well if the button tops won't work it's going back. I ordered all button tops and the Fenix handheld I ordered runs button tops. I have the headlamp on my desk at home and the batteries should arrive tomorrow. I will report my findings.

Last edited:
Back