• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Heart Attack

sdorton

SH Member
I don’t really know where to begin….But I finally got The Heart Attack Buck I’ve been chasing for a few years now. I’ve lost sleep, missed family events with their blessing of course and so on. And I did it the hard way…with Traditional equipment my Toelke 64SS Recurve. I could have killed this joker numerous times last year during gun season if not for me carrying my longbow. Heck I could have killed him with a compound bow too. I had him on 3 different hunts @ 30yds. But for some d#^* reason I like doing things the hard way….and that just makes it that much sweeter!!! Shout out to Aj Olivas and Joel F Olivas for helping me get him out of woods.

Congratulations!! I remember you talking about this deer last year. Beautiful buck! So happy you got him!!!

Edit: did you get him in OH ?

Last edited:
In life we are often presented shortcuts that go against our values or hunting beliefs to obtain our goals or our Heart Attack buck. In the end those shortcuts diminish the joy we get from achieving that goal. Long way of saying, you would have never been able to have the sense of accomplishment that you have today and for the rest of your life, if you would have given into a shortcut. I am super pumped for you and in aw of you determination to take this trophy buck your way.
Congratulations!!!!!
And yes, we want more details of the hunt at some point.

I don’t really know where to begin….But I finally got The Heart Attack Buck I’ve been chasing for a few years now. I’ve lost sleep, missed family events with their blessing of course and so on. And I did it the hard way…with Traditional equipment my Toelke 64SS Recurve. I could have killed this joker numerous times last year during gun season if not for me carrying my longbow. Heck I could have killed him with a compound bow too. I had him on 3 different hunts @ 30yds. But for some d#^* reason I like doing things the hard way….and that just makes it that much sweeter!!! Shout out to Aj Olivas and Joel F Olivas for helping me get him out of woods.

Are you going to try to save the velvet for mounting?

In life we are often presented shortcuts that go against our values or hunting beliefs to obtain our goals or our Heart Attack buck. In the end those shortcuts diminish the joy we get from achieving that goal. Long way of saying, you would have never been able to have the sense of accomplishment that you have today and for the rest of your life, if you would have given into a shortcut. I am super pumped for you and in aw of you determination to take this trophy buck your way.
Congratulations!!!!!
And yes, we want more details of the hunt at some point.

Thank you sir for the kind words.
I suck at story telling but I promise I’ll try to do so later on.

Back